Senior People Business Partner at DigitalOcean (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
As a Senior People Business Partner, you will act as a key strategic partner to multiple departments, working to grow people programming, tools, and strategic insights to develop and deliver value to both our technical and non technical teams. You will be a resource to our leadership team, people managers and employees alike, helping drive effective and impactful operations and employee engagement. You’ll be charged with handling both day-to-day ER issues as well as strategic talent & compensation planning activities. And finally, you’ll be instrumental in scaling our growing company, championing our values and ensuring that DigitalOcean remains a great place to work.What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with the People team, functioning as an advocate, resource, and frontline for your client groups.
- Leverage an analytical mindset to drive thoughtful workforce planning and serve as a strategic partner both internally to the people team and externally to your clients.
- Play an instrumental role in building our high performance culture by ensuring that all DO employees are receiving the support they need to perform at their full potential.
- Offering guidance to tech leadership in the following areas: talent planning, performance management, compensation planning, employee relations and talent development
- Acting as a liaison with our Recruiting, OrgDev, and People Operations teams to ensure proper delivery and impact of programs
- Experience as a Senior HR business partner, ideally in a technology organization that has experienced massive growth. You should be able to understand the operational areas of the business so that you can help our managers and leaders with complex challenges, and give guidance on People topics.
- Experience implementing people programs including compensation, performance feedback, HR compliance, and professional growth & development initiatives.
- Ability to work proactively in addressing people related opportunities and getting ahead of people challenges faced by our business.
- Passion for change management and guiding our business through ambiguity and constant evolution / iteration.
- The ability to effectively translate metrics and data into actionable strategy.
- Technical curiosity and knowledge of emerging best practice trends in HR products and services.
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels and understand their needs.
- A friendly and approachable communication style where both ICs and managers are comfortable confiding in you.
- A belief in a People-first approach to building teams and driving effective performance across the organization.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!