About the Team
The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harry’s a better place to do great work, grow our people, and build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, and curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the Role
You’re here because you care about the people just as much as you care about the business. As a Sr. People Business Partner, you will be a key leader for people development and org planning across the company and work closely with the senior leaders and people managers in your client groups. You will support leaders that report directly to the Enterprise CEO, partnering closely with the COO, CFO, CTO, and Head of Harry’s Labs and supporting their teams. You will also directly manage PBPs partnering closely together to support these teams as they scale.
Having a talented and agile Business Partner who understands how to navigate the complexity of a fast growth and ever changing environment will be crucial for our long term success. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams and processes that scale. This strategic and trusted advisor should be someone who cares a lot about culture and the people that form it; they will ensure we are maintaining and improving the elements that make Harry’s special by fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion. In true start-up fashion, this individual will have the opportunity to build and implement programs and processes from scratch with substantial impact.
What you will accomplish:
- Oversee client group support for Finance, Legal, IT, Engineering, and Supply Chain.
- Directly manage PBPs supporting these client groups, working together to align on key themes and actions across the Enterprise leaders remit.
- Partner with your clients, People teammates and cross-functional collaborators to help support engagement activities, key people processes (promotion, compensation, calibrations, engagement survey), and org design.
- Develop key activities and programs focusing on engagement, recognition, growth & development, and performance management
- Create org structures and working models that will scale, working collaboratively with e-team and Directors to identify needs, pain points, communication strategies and succession plans.
- Coach current and new employees in their development, career pathing and ability to navigate and resolve tricky challenges.
- Make the outstanding leaders you support even stronger, by providing guidance, cross-functional perspectives and 360 degree feedback.
- Infuse and drive diversity practices into Harry’s culture, values and engagement initiatives fostering an environment of inclusion and support.
- Identify opportunities to use technology and automation wherever you see inefficiencies to make everyone’s lives easier and enhance overall communication between teams.
- Build compliance into all you do, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations and performance issues, off-boarding and legal matters.
This should describe you:
- People whisper and coach. You naturally build strong relationships at all levels. You are a sought after coach and thought partner for all employees.
- Earn trust quickly. You are honest, credible and a great listener.
- Good instincts on people. You consistently choose the best course of action, considering all impacts on people across the org.
- Business savvy. You quickly develop a deep understanding of business strategy and how we make money.
- Honest, direct and supportive in all communication.
- Life long learner. You love to teach and coach. You love learning new things and are not afraid to admit when you don’t know an answer.
- Passionate, out of the box HR thinker. You design things that work for Harry’s, not just what is standard.
- You have multiple years of applicable experience leading and working with teams and people.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report directly to the VP, People.
- Work regularly with the PBPs and Recruiters to attract and retain fantastic talent.
- Serve as People Business Partner directly supporting COO, CTO, CFO, Head of H’ Labs, and their teams
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with full Harry’s team.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.