Senior People Growth Manager, Manager Development at DoorDash
DoorDash seeks a Senior People Growth (Learning and Development) Manager to join our People Growth Team and to help make DoorDash a place where every employee does the very best work of their careers.
As a Senior People Growth Manager, you will be focused on building, developing and managing our learning and development opportunities for managers and senior leaders at DoorDash. You will also have an opportunity to exemplify thought leadership about manager development and people growth. With a strong lens for diversity, equity and inclusion, as a Senior People Growth Manager, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and delivering (ie. facilitating, evaluating and scaling) inclusive learning experiences for managers and senior leaders at DoorDash.
The People Growth Team at DoorDash is an interconnected function with DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion), Internal Communications and Employee Connections on the Culture, Belonging and People Growth Team (CBPG). CBPG’s mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection where diverse identities can thrive and every employee can do the best work of their career. As part of CBPG, the Senior People Growth Manager will be joining an agile, world class, learning and development team with a strong bias for action that is focused on democratizing learning.
This role reports directly to the Director of People Growth and is anticipated to have no direct reports within the first year. We are open to candidates based in San Francisco or New York. We are also open to candidates that are willing to relocate post COVID-19; right now, the People Growth Team is working remotely through at least March 31, 2021.
You’re excited about this opportunity because . . .
- You will be the primary owner of the manager development portfolio by designing, developing, and delivering (ie. facilitating, evaluating and scaling) virtual and blended manager development solutions (ie. programs, content, resources and tools) for our managers and senior leaders.
- You will ensure that all manager development solutions are strategically linked to business needs and DoorDash’s DEI strategy, where the advancement of underrepresented employees is every employee’s responsibility.
- You will serve as a strategic and trusted advisor about manager development to our Director of People Growth, other internal People teams and business leaders.
- You will use design thinking to pilot human centered, inclusive learning experiences for managers and senior leaders.
- You will create an annual project plan for the manager development portfolio to execute the People Growth Strategy and you will be accountable for all manager development programs by staying on budget, on schedule and meeting or exceeding expectations.
- You will use data, analytics and anecdotes to develop insights and drive decisions.
- You will make recommendations about learning and development opportunities for managers and senior leaders that influence our People Growth strategy.
- You will develop, coach and mentor others on the People Growth Team by fostering psychological safety where every team member can contribute and be their best selves.
We’re excited about you because . . .
- You have 10 years of experience designing, developing, and delivering learning and development programs; coaching, program management and topical learning certifications are a plus.
- You have experience managing teams with at least 2 direct reports.
- You deeply enjoy facilitating and making presentations; you are willing to share and incorporate lessons from your own leadership journey while facilitating manager development programs.
- You are passionate about democratizing learning and you strongly believe that a successful People Growth strategy includes the advancement and upward mobility of underrepresented employees.
- You can clearly translate vision into executable strategy and have a keen ability to deliver against a plan with a bias for action and clear milestones.
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands on leader with a proven track record of building, driving and scaling learning and development programs.
- You have deep listening and exceptional stakeholder management skills; you pride yourself on being an effective communicator and building strong relationships that serve as one of the foundations of your leadership.
- You are skilled at change management and adapting to an evolving business while staying focused on the anchors of your portfolio (ie. manager development) and the People Growth strategy.
- You are excited about and available to travel domestically and internationally at least 25% of your time post COVID-19. Travel needs may shift as the People Growth Team grows.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our ambitious goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, unlimited PTO, and comprehensive health benefits (including fertility and family-forming care)
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.