Senior People Partner at Cadre
Cadre is building a technology-driven investment platform for commercial real estate, opening up access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments.
Cadre is looking for a dynamic, analytical, and organized self-starter to join our People and Talent team as a Senior People Partner based on our New York office. Our team partners with business leaders to determine who we need to be as an organization to achieve our goals, and develop the right talent strategies to get us there. This role will partner with senior leaders from across the business to design their organizations, define people and skill requirements, assess current team strengths and opportunity areas, and develop coaching and learning paths as needed. This individual will also play a crucial role in the design and development of company wide programs and initiatives, including feedback cycles, engagement measurement programs, and talent reviews. We are looking for an individual with a strong track record of pattern recognition and problem solving, who is able to quickly diagnose issues, weigh the relative merits and risks of options, and implement pragmatic and scalable solutions. They should be able to build trusted relationships easily with a diverse employee population, and roll up their sleeves to get things done. Required skills include coaching, data analysis, communications (verbal and written), project management, business acumen and dealing with ambiguity.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior leaders and their leadership teams to develop the talent strategy needed to drive forward their goals, and build a work environment where employees can thrive and grow.
- Function as a coach to key leaders and their respective organizations; engage proactively in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans and initiatives.
- Use a data driven approach to defining core competencies for the organization and calibrate talent.
- Develop and deploy learning and development strategy, along with tactics and programs to help uplevel managers and drive employee growth and satisfaction.
- Participate in developing career paths and ladders, focused on skills and competencies.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Work with managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work in close partnership with our recruiting team and assist with recruiting as needed
- Partner with the business on performance improvement, talent and skill development, and organizational design.
- Partner with the business to lead our Organization and Leadership Review, which focuses on succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
What You Have:
- 5-7 years of progressive HR experience, including at least 2 years as a People Partner or HRBP
- Experience designing programs in a high growth technology company or high growth operating capacity
- Proven ability to diagnose issues, drawing on both professional experience and strategic thinking skills, and drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Strong analytical skills, including the understanding of metrics to support plans and monitor performance
- Partner as necessary with other members of the team to ensure accurate and up-to-date employee records are maintained in various HR systems. Liaise with the payroll team, as needed. Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills; strong facilitation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Experience in coaching senior leaders and managers, and strong talent assessment skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of autonomy
- Must be able to navigate through ambiguity and constant change
- Must be able to work across in a matrix organization