Senior People Relations Specialist at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior People Relations Specialist, you will serve as a trusted resource to employees in the US, and work with the global People Relations team to help build human resources initiatives, creating a lasting impact on the organization. This is a client-facing role where you’ll be both providing guidance to employees across the organization and delivering exceptional administrative support to the People Business Partners (PBPs). This role will be based in New York City and is an exciting opportunity to develop your human resources
expertise in a fast-growing tech company! Here are some things to expect in your day-to-day:
- Provide accurate and timely responses to questions from employees and PBPs
- Serve as the initial, trusted point of contact for employees, and offer guidance and training, escalating to a more senior member of the team as needed
- Ownership of end-to-end People Relations processes including, but not limited to, documentation of employee personnel records, handling employee enquiries, management of both onboarding and offboarding processes, execution of compensation and promotion statements, and more
- Project manage some of the People Relations team’s key initiatives, such as the biannual engagement survey, performance assessments and more
- Be both an advocate for employees and a champion for the business
- Work hand-in-hand with the global People Relations team to identify needs for employees and support on People Relations initiatives and projects; recommend and implement solutions to continuously build morale; and drive our engaging and exciting culture!
- Engage with the global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative(s); work closely with internal ERGs and Clubs to organize and streamline events, promote education and engagement with the global community
- Partner with the People Operations team to both analyze trends such as DEI data, workforce stability and more, utilizing technology and data and prioritize ways to automate processes, striving for efficiency
- Serve as a valued partner to other People team functions (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development)
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a highly-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated “people person” who learns on their feet and is able to balance the needs of the business with the employee experience! Specifically, you’ll have:
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in a human resources/client-facing role, preferably in the fast-paced start-up or tech industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication (GSuite/Keynote a plus)
- Superb organizational skill, attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management experience, including ability to multitask and remain focused
- Intellect, empathy, and a tendency to build strong, trusting relationships
- An interest in all things human resources related and an eagerness to learn more!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.