Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Senior Recruiter to drive our talent acquisition capabilities as we scale. You’ll join Cityblock at a critical point in our growth trajectory: over the next year we expect to hire a significant number of clinical and non-clinical team members across several geographic markets, including New York, Connecticut, and North Carolina. You’ll will run end-to-end hiring processes, enhancing our sourcing strategy and enabling a best-in-class hiring framework for our ever-growing team. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone eager to learn and grow at an early stage startup, and is hungry to build highly capable, mission-aligned teams.
- Build diverse, qualified candidate pipelines for our Market teams - focusing on such roles as Physicians, Social Workers, Registered Nurses, Advanced Care Practitioners,andCommunity Health Partners
- Depending on the needs of our corporate functions, you also will focus on sourcing and hiring mission critical roles for those teams headquartered at our Brooklyn headquarters (i.e. Operations, Finance, Marketing, and more) at our Dumbo HQ
- Partnerwith hiring managers to identify headcount needs, plan for team growth, calibrate for role fit, and close key hires
- Build meaningful rapport with candidates in process to ensure an exceptional candidate experience
- Develop Cityblock’s presence in markets by participating in a variety of events such as conferences, associations, meetups, etc.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to deliver on business-critical tasks
- You have 5-7+ years experience in recruiting, ideally at high-growth companies
- You have experience working at an early-stage, venture backed or commercial startup
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast moving startup environment
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with others quickly
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator; you have the ability to own and drive a recruiting process, and communicate in a timely and thorough manner to a diversity of stakeholders
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter (1-2 paragraphs)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.