Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner in our New York office. We are looking for someone to develop and implement sourcing and employer branding techniques that will help us recruit talented employees. Responsibilities include forecasting hiring needs, sourcing potential hires on various online channels, building relationships with passive candidates and hiring managers and evaluating candidates’ performance in interviews and assignments. This role will work very closely with their paired HR Business Partner to coordinate on proactive organizational design strategies, including job description development, talent reviews, succession planning, internal candidates, hiring manager referrals and pipelining. If you have proven you can creatively attract talent and improve candidate experience, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure we attract, hire and retain high-performing employees.
- Manage a full-cycle selection process including, but not limited to, sourcing, interviewing, gathering feedback, managing candidate experience, and offer negotiations.
- Source passive and diverse candidates on social networks and niche platforms
- Assess and manage internal and external talent, including the flow of employee referrals
- Advertise jobs internally and externally
- Review job applications to identify high-potential candidates
- Organize and participate in industry networking events, such as career fairs, meetups, information sessions, happy hours, etc.
- Liaise with hiring managers to understand the expectations of each position and develop recruitment strategies
- Provide market data centered around candidates, competitors, and salary
- Foster long-term relationships with applicants and passive talent
- Assist the Vice President of Talent Acquisition with recruitment KPI’s
- Update and manage online applicant tracking system, Greenhouse
- Partner with HR Business Partners to proactively pipeline for key positions
- Partner with HR Business Partners to understand specific jobs and skills sets
- Work closely with HR/Recruiting Coordinators
- Proven work experience in a Talent Acquisition, Consulting, or a similar position
- Hands-on experience with candidate sourcing and evaluation
- Familiarity with job boards, resume databases and Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Greenhouse
- Experience interviewing candidates
- Knowledge of labor legislation
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different personalities and work styles as well as confidence to manage interactions and expectations at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive projects in a very fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable managing a high volume of requisitions, be a self-starter and work well without constant supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and successfully problem solve
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years’ related work experience
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.