Senior Technical Recruiter - Engineering & Product at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We seek an entrepreneurial, outgoing, and personable Senior Technical Recruiter to drive talent acquisition capabilities as we scale Cityblock.
You’ll join Cityblock at a critical point in our growth trajectory: over the next 12 months, we expect to hire 500+ new team members.
In this role, you’ll own direct-sourcing & full-lifecycle talent acquisition through to the job-offer stage, for the roles you are assigned.
You’ll serve as primary contact with our internal stakeholders and build exceptional talent pools for our general and administrative roles.. You’ll work with our People team to continue our inclusive, consistent framework for our hiring, and may implement new processes and technology to streamline multi-site sourcing, engagement, and hiring efforts. You’ll establish a referral network, and build a recruiting voice for Cityblock. At times, you may be asked to compose job descriptions.
Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum of 7 years full-cycle recruitment experience
- At least 5 years of technical recruitment experience (Engineering required, and Product experience would be great!), preferably in a fast growing start up environment
- Experience in direct-sourcing of high volume Engineering and Product talent
- Experience in using sourcing tools such as: LinkedIn Recruiter, GitHub, Google Xray search, boolean search, direct networking, alumni associations, and innovative means to access talent
- Demonstrated ability to utilize networking tools and resources to identity diverse talent
- Proficiency in using ATS systems, ideally Greenhouse, or (ie: Lever, iCims, Taleo)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Senior Level clients and executives as your hiring managers
- You are an adaptable organized, efficient, independent self-starter and problem-solver, a leader, a strategic thinker, and a mentor, who is excited about the big picture of whole community health
How We Define Success:
- You identify and engage a minimum of 30 qualified leads based on open or future job roles, per week.
- You are influencing the hiring of a minimum average of 4 roles per month.
- You are successful in the job-offer acceptance rate of at least 95%; where you are the direct-source.
- Your pass-through rate in the recruiting funnel from initial assessment stage to the On-Site Interview stage, averages a minimum of 50%.
- You build successful hiring pipelines for your roles; especially roles in Leadership
- Devise a talent strategy that aligns with our overarching business needs and reaches top, diverse talent across clinical functions and geographies.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Come with a talent network within most or all of our key hiring needs; Engineering (IC and leadership), Technology, Product, & Data
- Experience working at a venture-backed or commercial startup.
- Experience in direct-sourcing for technical talent in a startup environment
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.