Senior Technical Recruiter (New York) at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Tech Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team. You will manage full-cycle recruiting globally for our BuzzFeed’s Tech organization. As the Sr. Tech Recruiter, you will also manage a Tech Recruiting Coordinator. You will be based in our NYC office.
As a Sr. Tech Recruiter, you will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition and implement recruiting strategies to identify and attract qualified candidates for our Technology teams – Engineering, Data, Product, and Design. You’ll partner with leads across the Tech organization to evaluate candidate experience, the recruiting processes, and source top talent on a global scale. You will draw on knowledge of Talent Acquisition and technology, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. You are known for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, and organization.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and building relationships with candidates, creating positive interview experiences, and managing the offer process in a high-volume recruiting environment
- Design recruiting strategies that align with business objectives within BuzzFeed’s technology organization.
- Ensure accurate administration of the full recruiting lifecycle including candidate and requisition status reports, and hiring metrics.
- Collaborate with technology department leadership and HR business partners to develop productive action plans and implement recruiting and networking strategies that target the desired talent communities across BuzzFeed’s markets.
- Be the expert on market trends and competitive landscape, using market intelligence as a driver of sourcing strategy.
- Be a strategic partner to engineering, product, data, and design leaders by providing compensation advice, market insights, and develop strategies to improve offer acceptance rates
- Collaborate and calibrate with the hiring teams to provide a positive interviewer and candidate experience.
- Partner with Tech leaders to plan targeted recruiting campaigns and tech events.
- This isn’t your first recruitment role. You have at least 4+ years of experience with high-volume recruitment in tech, and full-cycle recruiting experience.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and recruiting tools/networks. Experience with Greenhouse a plus.
- Technical expertise with the ability to explain job requirements for technical roles with ease.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with Leadership on hiring strategies and initiative.
- A data driven mindset. Data shape your strategy for pipeline building, messaging to prospects and decision making.
- Tech and industry knowledge with experience understanding similar tech skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.