Senior Technical Recruiter
Squarespace is known for our innovative user interfaces, forward-looking use of modern technologies, beautifully designed software...and the people behind it all. As part of our recruiting team, you will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and closing technical candidates, and for guiding them through a smooth and memorable interviewing experience. You will also help refine and evolve our hiring processes and practices as we scale towards 1000+ employees. You are innovative in your approach, preferring to experiment with new and unexpected tactics, rather than stick to traditional best-practices.
This opportunity will stretch your skills and leverage your talents in creative ways. If you combine a passion for technology and outstanding recruitment skills, we offer the opportunity to work directly with senior-level management and top-flight product and engineering talent. By connecting candidates to Squarespace’s core values and product vision, you will be a driving force in building the premier technical team crafting the future of the web. This position reports to our Team Lead, Technical Recruiting.
- Provide an efficient, high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer, acting as candidate advocate, evaluating skill level, and driving the interview and offer processes including reference checks, compensation recommendations, and closing of candidates
- Develop and execute hiring strategy for top engineering and design talent, and meet quarterly hiring targets
- Design and implement hiring processes optimized for scale and high growth
- Source active and passive candidates through various channels and mediums
- Collaborate with leadership including C-level, VPs, Directors, Managers, Team Leads to understand and define hiring needs and establish effective processes to support those goals
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process
- Manage the full recruiting cycle process (through onboarding) for each department to ensure a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience
- Be a Squarespace ambassador at events including tech conferences, career fairs, university recruiting tours, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with full-cycle recruiting and a track record of success within technical recruiting (either agency or internal)
- You're an excellent sourcer and can spot the not so obvious candidates (sourcing engineers out of top companies with degrees from great schools is easy)
- You keep up-to-date with the latest engineering trends, frameworks, programming languages, and libraries
- You're not afraid to dig into the data to identify inconsistencies, anomalies, and roadblocks
- You stay up-to-date with new recruiting tools; how can we work smarter?
- You love process and are always striving to optimize and improve
- You're a great listener and communicator; you're not intimidated when speaking with senior engineers
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.