Senior Technical Recruiter at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
The Paxos People Team is looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter. The company is growing quickly across all of our teams, locations, and business units and this role will own recruiting for the full Engineering Function. You will need to effectively build strong partnerships with hiring managers, close talent, and consistently seek to improve the way we do things as a team.
This is an opportunity to join a small, data-driven, and strategic team that is working cross-functionally with hiring managers in Product, Engineering, Ops, Compliance and other teams in the business. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from experienced leadership and solve interesting challenges. Plus the work that you do will have a huge impact on Paxos’s goals and bottom line. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company and help build from the ground up.
What you will do:
- Own technical recruiting for the business, managing evergreen recruiting for continuous hires as well as building pipeline for one-off roles
- Consistently work to make our talent acquisition process and our employment brand better
- Build a pipeline of passive talent through creative sourcing; identify ways to engage passive talent outside of just sending recruiting emails
- Collaborate with other team members on data and employee experience projects
- Provide insight and guidance to stakeholders; use data to help drive decision-making around roles and compensation guidelines
- The People Team is small, and you may be asked to help out with company events and other activities
What you need to have:
- At least 6 years of experience in recruiting
- Prior experience as a Technical Recruiter with at least 3 years of this experience inhouse
- Experience recruiting engineers and product managers is a must
- In-depth knowledge of the technical landscape in NYC
- Demonstrated experience closing senior candidates
- Experience working in a startup or other fast-moving environment
- Strong technical aptitude is a must. You should be comfortable working with Google Suite, conferencing software, and be able to learn new systems quickly
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Thoughtful and customer-service oriented; you know when to sell and when to consult
- Integrity, good judgement, and discretion are absolute musts
- You value diversity and have ideas on how to make recruiting more inclusive
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ