BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, is seeking a Senior Workday Analyst, to be the company’s subject matter expert for Workday. Reporting to the Manager of People Technology, the Senior Workday Analyst will be responsible for Workday system optimization, implementation of new modules, testing, and configuration of new functionality. This role will work collaboratively with the People Team to streamline processes, deploy new functionalities and enhance the user experience.
Hands on configuration is a large part of this role.
The position can be based in our NYC or LA office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program.
- Function as a subject matter expert for all HR transactions and business processes, including advising the HR team, managers and employees in proper use of the system.
- Serve as a specialized Workday HCM technical and functional Analyst, with configuration experience in HCM, Compensation, Business Processes, Security, and have some experience with Advanced Compensation.
- Advanced knowledge of Workday report writing, including vast understanding of all data sources and primary business objects required to support integrations. This includes expert knowledge and creation of calculated fields.
- Perform ongoing reconciliations and audits of HR data to ensure data integrity.
- Audit, generate, and support mass EIB loads into Workday.
- Analyze and troubleshoot Workday related issues through the application of root-cause analysis and resolve as necessary. Provide support to internal users.
- Review, test and implementation of bi-annual Workday releases; Lead on determining impact, presenting suggested new features in detail with final recommendations to management on which to implement; participate in regression testing for new system features and communication of changes/benefits to end users.
- Create and maintain detailed testing documentation and training materials
- Participate in HR special projects. Support annual processes within the People team including benefits enrollment, performance/compensation reviews, etc
- Minimum 3 years HRIS experience as an analyst or specialist with Workday required.
The ideal candidate will have experience configuring and supporting Workday in the following modules: HCM, Absence, Time, and Integrations. Knowledge of Workday US Payroll configuration is a strong plus.
- Proven systems analysis, design, and problem solving skills. Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience in application and process improvement requirements gathering and design, including process maps and gap analysis with detailed documentation.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively as part of a global People Team
- Strong ability and desire to lead and manage projects
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to prioritize independently
- 'Can do' attitude and a healthy sense of humor
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.