Sr. HR Business Partner, Engineering at Vimeo
We’re seeking an extraordinary person to closely partner with our Engineering + Product leaders to engage and develop our talent and contribute to building the HRBP team in New York. If you are someone who thrives in a rapidly growing culture, who is proficient at collecting, analyzing and transforming people's data into positive solutions, and is committed to creating transparent structures and processes, we want to meet you.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a trusted strategic thought partner for business leaders and the first point of contact for employees
- Experience coaching and advising leaders and managers through challenges such as building and reorganizing team structures, managing through change, scaling, creating engagement initiatives and generally working in a rapidly changing/growing environment
- Deliver and lead HR team initiatives focusing on retention, engagement, recognition, compensation, talent management, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within your dedicated client groups
- Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Use data and people metrics to provide insights that help drive team structure development, career progression, retention, and engagement
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Partner closely with other centers of excellence including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I), Recruiting, Finance and Legal to deliver best in class support to your client groups as well as streamline processes for efficiency
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of HR experience, ideally in a high-growth organization
- Experience strategically partnering with department heads or senior leadership
- Solution-focused thinking, empathy, strong judgement, and decision making skills
- Strong organizational development experience supporting team effectiveness, coaching, and culture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including experience building relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution experience
- Thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulation
- Familiar with various HR systems
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 175 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.