Sr HR Manager - OK Cupid
We are looking for a Sr. HR Manager to join our OK Cupid team. This is a full-time position, with excellent health benefits, matching 401K, and an opportunity to join the leader in the online dating industry who is continuing to grow aggressively as we help people world wide find meaningful relationships.
In April of 2019, Match Group turned 24 years old as one of less than a handful of tech companies born in 1995 that still leads its category. And in our category, no business comes anywhere close to us, either in customer experience, reach, or business performance. Over 70 million members use our products every month and our customers go on tens of thousands of dates every single day. Our reach and impact are staggering. We believe that no business brings more happiness to more people than ours; we can never forget the impact we have on society.
Since 2008, Match Group has doubled in size from essentially one brand operating in one market, to over a dozen market-leading brands with users in nearly every country in the world. Our growth has been fueled by mega-successful acquisitions like OKCupid, Plenty of Fish, Hinge, and several others. That growth has also come through a commitment to internal innovation and investment in product development that culminated in the launch of the app phenomenon that has transformed social discovery: Tinder. Match Group has developed market-leading innovations in essentially every major function: business model, analytics, marketing, mobile, UX, events, and the list goes on. This list of accomplishments proves that Match Group has assembled one of the most talented & passionate teams around, one that we want you to join.
The Sr. Human Resources Manager will play an active role in driving the sustainable growth of one of Match Group's most dynamic brands, which is experiencing rapid growth as they expand into non-US markets. OK Cupid has re-invigorated their long-standing brand as they grow both domestically and outside of the U.S. This role will be critical in helping the leadership team embrace the challenges ahead—attracting and retaining top talent, building out a pay-for-performance culture at scale, and helping accelerate new managers to inspire and lead teams at scale.
Reporting into VP of Human Resources of Match Group (with a dotted line to OK Cupid CEO), this role will be looked to as a true business partner who can bring outside/in thinking, a fresh perspective to the table, while complementing the existing values and culture that OK Cupid has been based upon.
Snapshot of What The Role Entails:
Work to advance, implement and administer the following HR functions including:
- Build and operationalize HR strategies to meet the business needs of OK Cupid and hire/develop/retain the talent which will drive growth
- Drive HR initiatives and team projects including systems implementation, employer branding initiatives, manager development, and other projects as needed
- Serve as linchpin with Sr. leadership teams to ensure OK Cupid values are lived each day as the businesses scale and grow
- Build Training and development programs to align with OK Cupid strategies, with an emphasis on growing manager capabilities needed to scale with the growth of the businesses
- Use tracking tools to generate monthly, quarterly and ad hoc HR reports to drive business decisions with the OK Cupid CEO
- Drive effective onboarding for new hires, including new hire orientation and work with managers to drive effective new hire ramp-up to productivity within 3/6 months
- Plan and execute various morale and culture events & initiatives
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding Match’s policies, procedures and programs
- Assist with the administration of Match’s performance review process
- Handle employee relations as needed
- Formulate recommendations regarding FLSA compliance
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local human resources laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field required
- 4-7 years of human resources experience, including Business Partner/Generalist roles, preferably in a progressive, high growth, and results-oriented environment
- PHR certification preferred, not required
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence senior leaders
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong business writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Knowledgeable of labor laws and regulations at both the state and federal level
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Insatiable hunger to continuously improve and question the status quo
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and able to successfully accept change
- Maintain high integrity and confidentiality
- Team player who also likes to have some fun at work
- Workday experience is a plus
Match Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.