Sr. Manager, Recruiting
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a leadership position responsible for attracting talented employees to Justworks who represent our mission and core values in their interactions with teammates, prospects, customers and partners. The Director, Recruiting is responsible for all talent attraction duties, including partnering with hiring managers, scaling and managing our team of recruiters and recruiting coordinators and developing special programs like campus and diversity recruiting. You will be part of our larger Employee Success team, which is focused on taking care of and developing our employees, and will report to the Vice President of Employee Success.
What you'll do
- Own Justworks candidate experience from first phone call to first day on the job
- Execute on Justworks’ annual hiring plan in a creative, cost-effective way that delivers top talent to the company
- Lead the Recruiting team by example as a player/coach
- Hire and develop new members of the Recruiting team; scale and refine the department to become one of the top talent attraction teams in NYC
- Own our relationships with job sites, recruitment agencies, our applicant tracking system (ATS) provider and other vendors
- Develop and execute plans for special projects, such as our internship program, employee referral program and diversity recruiting efforts
- In partnership with VP, Talent & People , develop and supervise regular recruiting trainings for Justworks’ hiring managers
- Be personally responsible for executive recruiting, high-level searches and other searches during hiring our surge
- Define and refine internal processes for operational efficiency
- Identify and report on key recruiting metrics which best allow Justworks to continuously improve our recruiting success
- Represent our core values in every candidate and employee interaction
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills
- 9+ years of professional experience in corporate recruiting
- 3+ years of people and team management experience; specifically managing a team of recruiters preferred
- Proven track record of diverse talent attraction leadership, including creative sourcing solutions and programs, established relationships with hiring managers and team development
- Deep passion for providing a great candidate experience
- Strong tendency toward action and getting things done
- Interest in presenting recruiting initiatives and wins to the organization
- Ability to develop long-term solutions versus short-term quick fixes
- Model for compassion, integrity and professionalism when interacting with others
- ATS and metrics experience required
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.