Sr. Payroll Tax Specialist at Namely
Are you an experienced payroll tax professional, looking for your next role within a fast-paced and growing team? Are you excited to help a disruptive HR SaaS company by supporting a critical arm of its Payroll business?
We’re looking for a Payroll Tax Specialist who will join our Payroll Operations team in Atlanta, New York or Remote in the US. You’ll be a critical source of insight and support for the manual and electronic filing of our payroll tax returns, making timely and accurate tax deposits, performing complex triage of Federal, State and local payroll tax research, and more.Responsibilities
- Prepare and audit quarterly and annual federal and state payroll tax filings on behalf of Namely clients
- Ensure accurate and timely filings and deposits
- Review MasterTax data on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, performing reconciliations of client data and coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies
- Perform federal and state payroll tax research on behalf of Namely clients
- Coordinate responses and resolution of federal and/or state payroll notices received by clients
- Serve as an expert in MasterTax software, setting up client tax accounts and ensuring completeness of data
- Identify and drive best practices for tax administrations
- Ensure adherence to tax reconciliation and deposit controls
- Perform research and make recommendations for new processes needed for Namely's clients to be in compliance with changing federal and state tax rules
- Client-facing role requiring frequent communication with customers regarding tax setups, TPA assignments, POAs, etc through the life of the client with Namely, Inc.
- Expertise in electronic filing of state and locality payroll tax returns
- 8+ years of experience in payroll tax
- Awareness of Act 32 PA Local taxation
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft office programs
- Ability to quickly learn new technology systems and use them increase departmental efficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with clients and account managers to assist with resolutions of tax issues
- Ability to perform payroll tax research without the manager's ongoing aid
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Service Bureau experience
- MasterTax experience strongly preferred
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.