tronc, home to New York Daily News, Baltimore Sun and many other award-winning publications, is looking to hire a Senior Recruiter for our Jersey City and New York City offices. In this role, you'll serve as a consultant to our hiring managers in order to help meet the strategic talent acquisition needs of our business. This person will coordinate the recruitment process with hiring leaders and specialize in the digital recruitment process.
Responsibilities include identifying qualified applicants and hires, ensuring consistency and equitability in the recruitment process, and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of management to anticipate talent needs and recommend the most qualified candidates for positions. This role will support our New York Daily News client groups, primarily focusing on professional level positions across our Digital and Sales businesses.
If you’re a recruiter who likes to utilize the latest digital vehicles to stake us out as an influencer in the digital industry by building your brand and that of the company, this job has you written all over it!
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in ten markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
What You will do…
- Deliver full lifecycle recruiting expertise and consulting by developing proactive strategies to source, attract, recruit and select top-tier talent against defined criteria for multiple disciplines. Utilize all the tools in your digital recruitment toolbox to build successful candidate profiles, clarify required job skills and competencies and use the best sourcing strategies and techniques for each job category.
- Drive and manage the candidate experience throughout the selection process including offer negotiation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of creative sourcing strategies by utilizing the latest digital avenues and tools to create pipeline candidates to close sourcing gaps.
- Develop and utilize a social media recruitment strategy.
- Research, propose and contribute to building suitable and beneficial digital community partnerships and networking to enhance our candidate pipeline.
- Effectively coach hiring managers on interview and selection process
- Set overarching recruiting strategy which includes partnering on conference /event attendance in partnership with hiring teams; coordinates and conducts candidate assessment/debrief sessions with hiring managers.
- Continuously develop business knowledge and acumen of company and departmental objectives, industry and corporate challenges and current market dynamics
- Build and maintain solid relationships with HR Business Partners to develop recruiting strategies and assess future talent needs
- Analyze market signals/trends, candidate behavior and advances in technology related to digital recruitment.
- Stay abreast and implement the latest digital recruitment techniques and recruitment channels.
- Assist in development and measurement of predictive recruiting metrics.
- Assist in bringing our Employee Talent Proposition to light through our digital media presence and other sourcing tools.
- Contribute to successful development and usage of our Talent Acquisition technology platforms.
- Utilizes tronc’s online applicant tracking system to maintain candidate information and accurate data for reporting purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring EEO and recruiting practices are consistently administered throughout the hiring process and documented in the appropriate manner.
This Could be a Match if You Have…
- 5+ years of corporate recruitment / talent acquisition experience, preferably with a focus on digital advertising, marketing and sales or at a start-up digital company.
- Ability to successfully adapt to a continuously growing and changing environment
- Possess market intelligence to understand the available talent in the digital marketplace and where opportunities lie to network and locate new passive or active candidates.
- Solid knowledge of how to leverage various sourcing tools, especially digital, social media and on-line networking.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to use independent judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet or exceed deadlines in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify a steady stream of prospective talent in anticipation of future talent needs
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and effective speed to find and hire the best qualified talent
- Keen attention to detail, efficient and highly organized; articulate both written and verbally
- Systems savvy; strong knowledge of applicant tracking systems (iCIMS a plus)
- Creative thinker and innovator with a drive to promote the discovery and development of highly effective leading recruiting processes and business practices.
- Understanding of HR compliance and regulation
- You thrive on innovation and resilience
- Views every interaction as a network opportunity and are skilled at utilizing technology to glean potential candidate information in today’s digital world.
- Possess effective negotiation skills to achieve results