SVP, Human Resources
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
As the SVP of Human Resources at Stash, you will act as a strategic partner to our leadership team by owning the People functions (Talent Acquisition, HR, Employee Experience, and Facilities) that support our fast-paced growth. Reporting to the Co-Founder and President, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is skilled at aligning People programs with business objectives and who thrives in ever-changing startup ecosystems. If you have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business, and are willing to contribute wherever necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Recommend, develop, and execute people strategies to complement or enhance our existing programs focused on talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, learning, compensation & benefits, and culture
- Amplify our unique, high-performance culture and elevate our talent brand
- Partner with the leadership team to understand business needs and provide HR guidance that drives and informs key decisions
- Lead a world-class People team that is solutions-oriented, accountable, operates with urgency and empathy, and driven by data
- Develop and empower senior and middle managers to take accountability for the People needs and challenges within their organizations
- Oversee talent management initiatives, including performance management, career pathing, and compensation processes
- Engage on organizational design, process, and workstreams in order to help teams operate more effectively and reach peak efficiency
- Lead the organization through different stages of the company lifecycle, including IPO or Acquisition, worksite expansions, and internationalization
- Drive implementation and adoption of key People analytics with the goal of optimizing Stash’s programs and culture
- Manage internal communications and channels, and support leaders around communications plans and change management
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s in Organizational Psychology or Human Resources Management preferred
- 12+ years of proven experience working in a Human Resources/People leadership function in technology. 5+ years in a lead Human Resources role in rapidly scaling midsized startups (250+ employees) working closely with leadership teams required
- Demonstrated ability to identify and hire top talent and build executive talent pipelines
- Demonstrated background evaluating and implementing People programs and initiatives across HR generalist functions including building culture, talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, learning, and employee relations
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations and best practices/protocols
- Superb communication skills, business acumen, and coaching, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Experience quickly diagnosing challenges, strategizing solutions and implementing change
- HR certifications (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP) preferred
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.