Talent Acquisition Partner, Tech at Narrativ
Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trust-based marketing. We built an ad-free alternative to the e-commerce growth marketing playbook by building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, trust-based marketing is honest and unbiased, balanced with both pros and cons, and comes from diverse voices that speak with integrity and specificity. Creators are at the center of consumer trust today.
Narrativ’s technology gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
- Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
Narrativ is looking for a Talent Specialist that will help us thoughtfully grow our 40-person community.
We’re moving fast and our team is growing! Our current plans have us doubling in the coming year, and we’re in need of a talented and well networked Tech Recruiter to join this rocketship!
We’re looking for someone who loves the idea of building an employer brand, is a generalist recruiter but has a strong focus or desire to work with our technical teams. You get a thrill from placing someone in their perfect role. You are someone who understands that recruiting is more than just filling headcount – it’s all encompassing!
Lead and own, with ambition:
- You are willing to get your hands dirty with sourcing, not only for yourself but others. Interview trainings and experimentation with new platforms, tech or strategies get you excited!
The networking bug:
- You're comfortable chatting up an engineering intern and a CEO.You could probably host a workshop on the top ten LinkedIn hacks and workflows. Your LinkedIn skills are just the tip of your sourcing strategy iceberg, though. You have an ear on the ground to the best recruiting events, networks and groups and want to spread the word about where you work
- You may have worked at an agency and are looking to bring your talents in-house and want to learn the in’s and outs of working internally at a tech start up where you’ll finally get to see how your contribution pays off. If not at an agency, you might be a contributor at a larger organization and are looking to have more ownership and larger impact at a smaller company. You want to experiment and have experience hiring technical talent
What you’ll do:
- Own full cycle recruiting processes for roles within Tech
- Work on employer branding initiatives across different platforms (blogging, social, events)
- Work alongside our team leads, you’ll gain a deep understanding of our business goals and drivers, and prioritize hiring needs. You will collaborate with each team as you define our way to find, woo, evaluate, and hire amazing talent
- You’ll work on sourcing for exec and leadership roles
- Collaborate with our Head of Talent on how to build our culture and brand internally
- Craft super fun job descriptions like this one and make recommendations to improve existing ones.
- Work on onboarding processes and iteration that are scalable and sustainable
- Have the desire to work on projects within People Ops and Identify opportunities to make us all better
- Experience at an agency or larger tech company, with experience as a tech sourcer a big plus :)
- You’ve recruited Engineers, Product Managers and Designers
- Experience working with ATS like Greenhouse or Lever
- Have a passion for hiring diverse talent
- Intellectual horsepower: You want to understand an org not just “fill the role”
- You thrive in ambiguous settings and help people make decisions and hold them accountable
- Approachable and Collaborative with candidates and clients (your hiring managers and teams)
- Can manage competing priorities even when there’s too many
- Superb attention to detail
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.