Talent Development Lead (Recruiting)
We’re looking for someone to thoughtfully grow our 50-person community.
We’re moving fast and our crew is growing each month. Our current plans have us potentially doubling in the coming year or so, and we’re in need of a talent partner who’s excited by (re)inventing our recruiting strategy.
We’re looking for someone who loves the idea of building an employer brand and who gets a thrill from placing someone in their perfect role. Someone who understands that recruiting is more than just filling headcount – it’s starting someone on their Custora journey.
If those things resonate, keep reading...
Some things you have:
- Lead and own, with ambition:
- You know when to take the wheel, when to let someone else drive for a bit while you nap, when to ask for directions, when to re-fuel because there won’t be at another gas station for 100 miles and you know when a metaphor might be exhausted. You appreciate that Custora already has a 5 page recruiting guide with tenets and that we have a pretty rigorous process in place, and yet we know we have so much more to learn from you.
- The networking bug:
- You have an uncanny ability for identifying and translating prior experience into surprising career paths that make total sense a year later. Friends ask you for career or relationship advice. You like people and people like you. You're comfortable chatting up an engineering intern and a CEO.You could probably host a workshop on the top ten LinkedIn hacks and workflows. Your LinkedIn skills are just the tip of your sourcing strategy iceberg, though.
- You read books about recruiting and business and psychology and anything. Maybe you’d like to write one someday. You shave and edit your cold emails until they’re almost warm and impossible to ignore — or at least you used to because by now you have polished templates. When you write, people respond.
- Exceptional organization and data-minded:
- You create spreadsheets with formulas for things like “Places Uncle Larry might like to go to dinner.” Your organizational mojo rubs off on your colleagues without them really noticing. While you've come to appreciate your gut instinct and intuition, you're equally excited about analyzing the metrics of your recruiting funnel.
- You’ve recruited top talent at a technology company or similar firm. Bonus if you’ve filled Engineering roles. You have a proven track record building successful recruiting strategies and hiring processes for business and technical roles.
What you’ll do:
- Build a best-in-class, data-driven recruiting engine to fulfill Custora's hiring goals. You will own the hiring process end-to-end and will be responsible for constructing and continuously improving our processes while managing a multitude of open roles.
- Work alongside our team leads, you’ll gain a deep understanding of our business goals and drivers, and prioritize hiring needs. You will collaborate with each team as you define our way to find, woo, evaluate, and hire amazing new Custorians.
- Drive Custora’s recruiting minivan, with a particular focus on sourcing world-class candidates through channels like LinkedIn, recruiting events, PR, job sites, and Times Square billboards (maybe).
- Help build our talent brand by partnering with team leads and our Head of People Operations – capitalize on articles, our unique culture, benefits, and more.
- Craft super fun job descriptions like this one and make recommendations to improve existing ones.
- Collaborate with our Head of People Operations to improve our onboarding process — make the transition from candidate to Custorian seamless.
What it’s like to work here:
- On Monday we eat and meet as a team to chat projects and progress.
- We’re 45 genuinely nice people. We work together and experiment with how to do things. It’s an amazing environment to both explore your professional interests and shape your career trajectory.
- We move quickly. You build something and the next day it comes to life. You see and feel an immediate impact with the collective efforts of the team.
- We’re building a company and a team we love. We’re in it for the long run.
- Read more about what makes us, us here.
- Find out more here or here.
- We’re a flexible work environment
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% covered)
- Free lunch every day, plus free water — hot and cold!
- Unlimited vacation: take as much time as you need (we recommend at least 3 weeks)
- Monthly unlimited MetroCard
Custora is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.