Tasty Talent Resident at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
Become a part of Tasty’s team of content innovators! To be considered, you will need to apply here as well. Thank you!
Tasty’s Talent Residency is a program for aspiring on-camera personalities, TikTok/Reel-ers and YouTubers with a passion for viral storytelling and content creation. This entry-level opportunity is perfect for someone looking to kickstart a career in the entertainment, food media, acting, comedy, TikTok-er, digital creator or influencer space as an on-camera talent/content Creator driving personal and BuzzFeed social growth. As a BuzzFeed Resident, you’ll work with innovators in the talent space and forge your own relationships with TikTok, Reels, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitch audiences! The Residency is an entry-level, part-time, $18/hour, 3-9 month-long program, approximately 3 days/20 hours per week, launching in early March!Our screening process opens now, and selected candidates will be asked to self-tape followed by a video call interview, and finally, a remote screen test with our Casting and Talent Teams. Please Note: This form will only be reviewed internally by BuzzFeed staff.
- Have the opportunity to reach new audiences and help contribute to the future of Tasty’s voice and perspective alongside an incredible group of content creators
- Work alongside and learn from existing Tasty producers and talent to become the next faces and voices of the internet, with the opportunity to extend into BuzzFeed’s adjacent food formats and brands like Goodful and BuzzFeed Video.
- Create short form content for our social channels and appear in long form Tasty formats across Youtube and Facebook
- You must have a TikTok to apply - we are looking for active content creators
- A passion for food, food culture, and food media (culinary background a plus but not required)
- Experience with food blogging, being a Tiktok Creator, and a foodie curious about how to grow your digital presence and personal
- Native knowledge of the digital and culinary landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media/emerging technology platforms and established presences on TikTok and Instagram
- A passion for experimentation in the short-form food space, with an established history of format testing and viral successes
- You should be platform-adaptive and have a firm POV on the type of content you are making
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.