Technical Campus Recruiter at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
We're looking for a Technical Campus Recruiter to join our People team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will own the full-cycle recruiting process of our campus program, from conducting on-campus & virtual events to candidate screening & extending offers. The campus program at Cockroach Labs is a strategic effort to attract and hire top entry-level talent from academic programs across the world. Our objectives for the program are to:
- Develop and grow a thoughtful, cost-effective, and repeatable campus outreach and hiring effort.
- Establish long-term connections with faculty, staff, and students
- Increase employer awareness for short- and long-term hiring purposes.
- Leverage college recruiting as a vehicle for developing skilled and diverse talent.
- Be responsible for the execution of full life-cycle campus recruiting at Cockroach Labs.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies & best practices for recruiting entry level candidates, primarily but not exclusively for engineering roles. You prioritize bringing candidates from diverse backgrounds into our hiring process and making sure our hiring processes are inclusive and welcoming.
- Build relationships both internally and externally with candidates, partners, hiring managers, and interviewers. We believe it is essential to build relationships with the people you work with, as well as senior leaders and executives.
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to determine and track relevant metrics for hiring and our talent pipeline.
In your first 30 days, you will review the hiring plan and understand what our priorities are for our 2021 internship and new grad programs. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our recruiting process, technology, and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be integrated into the team and will begin executing our 2021 campus recruiting efforts, which will kick off in August. You will be responsible for owning the pipeline for these roles and creating an overall stellar candidate experience. You will also partner with our Recruiting Programs Manager to execute on virtual campus events and other initiatives that raise awareness and excitement around Cockroach Labs.
After 6 months, you will have completed your first campus recruiting cycle and will use the insights learned to improve upon the next cycle. We also have internships available all year long so there is always work to be done!You Have
- 2-3 years experience in recruiting at a technology startup or similar space.
- Experience executing the full-cycle campus recruiting process.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities that require attention to detail and nuanced communication.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Capacity for creative thinking around building a campus strategy, creating a big picture vision as well as executing on the details
- A passion for working on highly technical roles in the technology industry. We have a very high hiring bar and know that it is only getting more challenging to hire engineering talent as industry competition increases.
Reporting to David Delaney - Senior Manager of Recruiting
David has a passion for building early stage teams. Prior to Cockroach Labs, he was the first non-engineering hire at Vine, and then the first in-house recruiter at Yext. There he grew his team to 7 people and was responsible for recruiting across all departments outside of Revenue. After 5 years at Yext, which included a 2017 IPO, he caught the startup bug again and made the move over to Cockroach Labs. He's a huge proponent of our company’s core value of balance and most days he'll log off around 5pm to be with his family and cook dinner before his son's bedtime. Aside from family activities, he's been spending his free time during COVID on his Peloton bike and doing projects around the house in Connecticut his family moved into last year.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]