We are looking to hire a contract recruiter to join our People Operations team as we scale our engineering organization. You will focus primarily on technical roles, with emphasis on helping us creatively source and tap into pools of strong talent. We'll look to your expertise to effectively identify candidates, lead early communications, and build a strong pipeline from its initial stages.
This is a 3 month contract with the possibility of extension.
What you'll do:
- Creatively source candidates from LinkedIn, AngelList and other resources – we're excited for your recommendations and to test out new sourcing pools!
- Develop outbound strategy across platforms
- Work with the hiring manager to screen inbound applicants
- Drive the initial stages of the recruiting process, including scheduling and conducting phone screens
- Support the People Operations team in building a strong pipeline
What you'll need to be successful:
- Proven experience driving recruiting for technical positions — you need to be able to talk the talk to properly source and screen candidates, in addition to giving hiring managers leverage
- Strong interpersonal skills – you'll be the first impression of our company, and your ability to represent us in the market will be essential
- Operational focus — great recruiting is all about the process to make sure we can deliver consistently and predictably
- Relentless sourcing skills — the NYC tech market is a tough one, and we will look to you to build relationships over time
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to over 5 million members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.