Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy's talent team is a collaborative and supportive team dedicated to sourcing and hiring the best candidates to help build the tools to teach millions of learners to code. We are looking for a driven Technical Recruiter to partner directly with a Director of Engineering and build out their team of high-performing engineers. This role will require complete oversight of a high-growth team of engineers, and will be seen as a leader on the Talent team, tasked with mentoring Associates and Mid-Level Recruiters.
- Partner with Codecademy Talent Team to define and accomplish hiring goals
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for a variety of technical roles, such as Engineering, Product, Data, Design, and Curriculum Developer roles; from sourcing candidates to coordinating interviews to offer delivery
- Work closely with Hiring Managers across the organization to develop a deep understanding of team functions and needs
- Continuously find opportunities to relentlessly improve and fine tune process to deliver best-in-class candidate experience
- Work with the Talent Team to develop innovative recruiting and sourcing strategies that realize diversity, inclusion, and talent for Codecademy
- Work on cross-functional project work and participate in recruiting events as needed
- 5+ years of technical recruitment experience across agency and in-house; ideally 3+ years of in-house experience
- Proven track record of identifying and assessing top talent
- Sourcing experience using a variety of tools--LinkedIn Recruiter is a plus
- Experience using email campaign tools--Hiretual or Gem is a plus
- Experience using application tracking systems--Greenhouse is a plus
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A meticulous approach to organization
- An innate understanding of how to prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
- Technical recruiting experience both in house and with some agency roots
- Startup or SaaS recruiting experience
- Network of engineering employees in NYC area
- Data analytical experience to derive insights from recruiting data
- At Codecademy, an interest in learning to code is strongly preferred