Technical Recruiter (Senior)
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a Technical Recruiter at TpT, your work has all the possibilities and challenges of any company experiencing fast growth. As a member in our recruiting team, you're charged with focusing on the well-being of our candidates, partnering with the teams you support and communications to develop our hiring brand. By leveraging your knowledge of our overall company hiring needs and search requirements, you effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful. This is key.
In addition, you are to ensure that you focus on colleagues and their future growth at TpT. By delivering the best quality of service we can to our employees, we ensure their ability to deliver that same quality to the educators we serve each day.
Finally, we need you to be comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics to make our hiring process more efficient. You are responsible for the entire recruiting process for these positions.
- Find great people to work at Teachers Pay Teachers
- Partner with Leadership across Engineering, Product and Data to develop, implement, and manage tactical sourcing strategies for various positions
- Build job descriptions and develop posting strategies for maximum exposure
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates across all teams
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process
- Train the interviewers on the hiring process
- Provide a fast and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations, and closing of candidates
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates by leveraging your experience with competing for top talent
- Regularly track pipeline, priorities and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements to the hiring process
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to empower educators
- Strategic, proactive, innovative self-starter with great follow through on tasks
- Ability to consistently offer innovative solutions to recruiting challenges within the broader context of TpT's priorities and approach to problem-solving
- Posses a great eye for talent with the ability to quickly screen resumes to fit
- Passionate about candidate experience. You’re respectful of the candidate
- Sound sourcing approach with ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill positions
- Sharp interview skills with ability to screen for both technical and cultural qualities
- Industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Strong consultative qualities and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, as well as externally
- Strong self awareness combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- 10+ years of technical recruiting experience with an in-house recruiting team