Technical Recruiter at Rent the Runway (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
As a Technical Recruiter, you will contribute to the recruiting sourcing strategy and interview process for the engineering, product, and analytics teams throughout RTR. You will build and maintain partnerships with key leaders in order to understand their department structure, key initiatives/projects, and evaluate their needs to acquire and deliver a fluid talent pipeline for hiring. Additionally, you will own full cycle recruiting for key hires across the technical functions of Rent the Runway, building out stellar teams that can tackle complex technical challenges at scale.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with hiring managers and own all aspects of the full-cycle recruiting process: defining jobs and specs, sourcing, screening, running the recruiting process, negotiating and closing
- Develop a pipeline of active and passive candidates with extensive outbound messaging and referral techniques
- Become quickly immersed into the culture and business needs of Rent the Runway, building relationships with key leaders in order to understand the candidate profile that will be the most successful at Rent the Runway
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness, understanding the startup, tech, and fashion/retail landscape to keep tabs on emerging and transitioning businesses, industry news, competitive analysis, etc.
- You have 3+ years facilitating full cycle tech searches at (in-house) OR for (agency/consultancy) scaling a tech start-up or enterprise department, from volume roles to senior level software engineering, product and or data science level searches
- You are a confident sourcing technologist hands-on across LinkedIn Recruiter, Job Boards, Social Media Channels, etc. from top tech start up companies to fortune 500 organizations
- You use an ATS (Greenhouse, Lever, JobDiva, etc.) daily and keep an efficient pipeline through the system.
- Passionate about ensuring that each candidate who interviews at Rent the Runway has a unique and positive experience
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.