At Artsy, People are Paramount. We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
We spend a lot of time and energy to find people we believe will be most fulfilled and inspired in their role, and once hired, treat them like the CEO of that role.
At Artsy’s core, we are bringing art, science, design, and engineering together as we empower a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. As our sole Technical Recruiter, you will help us drive a culture of inspired individuals working together to create a world where people are moved by art every day.
Artsy’s recruitment team takes a unique three pronged approach - serving as network builders, process managers, and strategic advisors to hiring managers. You will work closely with our incredibly talented Engineering team and will have the opportunity to harness talent within their open source community. You will also be responsible for proactively expanding Artsy’s reach to design and product talent, alongside our award winning Head of Design and our illustrious VP of Product.
We are looking for someone who wants to contribute to building a team as diverse as the art we serve - one in which our team members feel supported, safe, and inspired - and who proudly speak to, for example, What it Feels Like to Work in a Supportive Environment for Female Engineers. Our Engineering team boasts the creators of CocoaPods, the iOS dependency manager used in about 80% of all iOS apps, and is driven by an ‘Open Source by Default’ principal. Our Product, Design and Engineering teams are comprised of people who are naturally driven by creativity in the form of ceramicists, dancers, singers, artists (with works on Artsy), DJs, and teachers.
As a key member of Recruitment at Artsy, you will be maintaining a high bar for both quality and diversity, and ultimately, will safeguard our values as we expand.
- Hiring Manager Advisory: Provide strategic support to key stakeholders on hiring best practices and team growth
- Sourcing and Building Talent Networks: Proactively identify, recruit and hire talent across Product, Design, and Engineering to create further reach and visibility across diverse talent networks
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from outreach, candidate experience and management, through to offer and close.
- Candidate Management: Support and advise candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner; from interview prep, onsite scheduling and navigation - always providing proper follow up, and ensuring a positive experience no matter what
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database and accurately tag and organize talent within our CRM. Properly manage prospects and guide hiring managers through proper systems use and internal system communication
- Offer Management: Salary expectation management and ability to clearly communicate equity, monetary and non-monetary offer complexities to candidates
- Network and Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop and tap into current Artsy employee networks.
- 3-5+ years of experience; recruitment agency + internal recruitment experience is ideal
- Experience actively sourcing talent across various platforms (ie LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Github, Angellist)
- Strong talent network and understanding of tech and art world talent
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Deep affinity for sales and talent management
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications interpersonal skills and a positive, solution-based approach to collaboration
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.