Technical Recruiter at MaestroQA
Our mission is to help companies across the world improve their customer experiences through streamlined quality assurance practices, customer support coaching, and data driven reporting.
Even more important than skills is being a great culture fit - so that we all can have amazing work relationships that energize us everyday.
What makes a great fit for Maestro?
You want to be pushed and challenged by the people around you to open your mind, change your opinion, and spin every obstacle in your way as an opportunity for growth.
You want a work environment where people hold each other accountable. Giving transparent and honest feedback for the betterment of that human being and the team is so important you.
You don't want work to be a clock-in, clock-out vibe. You truly value building meaningful relationships with the people you spend tens of hours with. This means you want to learn about people's interests, hobbies, lives, and want people to take an interest in yours. For you, work is a place to build another community and not just a means to afford the community you have outside of work.
Lastly, you want to live like an owner and not just accept but embrace the responsibility that comes with it (trust, autonomy, flexibility, clear impact, etc.). You want to go somewhere that encourages you to act like it's your own business that you share with everyone and a place that isn't worried about the politics of stepping on each others toes.
# Qualities to Succeed
The below qualities are shared by everyone at Maestro and in part, define our culture. You can expect everyone you work with to exhibit these qualities, and it is important that you do too!
- **Growth mindset** - Be open to the perspectives of others. Be adaptable to new ways of doing things you've done and open to doing things you've never done before. Every conversation, project, and challenge is a new opportunity to learn something.
- **Impact-Driven** - Be driven to impact Maestro's success. Rather than being driven by your role and the task at hand, be driven by how your role impacts Maestro and the task at hand drives value to the mission that Maestro is on.
- **Team Player** - Be someone everyone else is happy to have on their team and looks forward to working with. Collaborate with others, help others achieve their goals, and opperate with a mindset of growing and succeeding as a team. Communication and coopperation are key.
- **Ownership** - Be responsible for your goals and impact. At Maestro, success is about the larger team, so do feel encouraged to ask for help when you need it and collaborate with others, but at the same time, own your part and what it is you are setting out to accomplish.
# Your goal:
Your goal will be to increase the amount we can ship to customers by increasing quantity, quality, and diversity of talent on the team!
You will be our **first technical recruiter**! With this, you will have the opportunity, *as well as responsibility*, to work with our leadership team, including our CEO, CTO, Director of Engineering, and Team Leads, to successfully accomplish this goal!
# You will:
- Source candidates, primarily through outbound
- Increase pool of diverse candidates, especially those part of under-represented groups
- Increase speed of sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding processes
- Improve our hire accept rate through positive candidate experiences and being part of the closing process
- Manage candidates pipeline and pipeline - followups, status, etc.
- Handle inbound applications, resume reviews, and first calls
- Handle recruiting coordination, e.g. calendar management
- Handle onboarding coordination, e.g. setting up successfully hired candidates first week or two of meetings
# The best applicants will likely:
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with varied responsibilities - ideally have experience being a part of a 5-100 person, fast-paced startup
- Have had success recruiting talented engineers in multiple disciplines that have gone on to positively impact the business
- Have experience being accountable for their goals and a drive to overcome hurdles to accomplish their goals when others might not
- An excitement about the goals and role , including the responsibility to shape and define how the goals and tasks can be best accomplished
- Value culture and team building and see their incredible importance to success because these are two areas you'll impact the most!
Pay and Perks:
We provide competitive salaries, stock options and benefits like health coverage, 401k, team events, and more! The biggest perk by far is the opportunity to learn by working on the ground floor and getting to actually build the roller coaster versus just ride it.