Technical Recruiter at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating a world class candidate experience and matching the business’ needs with the skills and expertise of talented professionals.
We are looking for a strong Technical Recruiter who has experience delivering in a high volume fast growing environment.What You’ll Be Doing
- Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; on a consistent set of qualifications, advising managers on hiring and managing all candidate pre-hire requirements. Works with hiring manager to finalize job description and qualifications
- Develop and maintain a network and pipeline of talent in a high quality / high volume / high demand environment. Ability to manage an average of 15-20 open requisitions simultaneously is a must
- Analyze recruitment metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to hiring team members and key stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes
- Responsible for meeting hiring goals by filling open positions with talented and qualified candidates and strategically think about filling roles for the year
- Participate in regular strategy meetings with hiring managers and HRBP’s, providing a consultative approach on talent.
- Build and maintain proactive partnerships with all internal and external client groups in order to understand the business needs, staffing needs and issues, and offer solutions through creative and effective sourcing resources and tools.
- Gather competitive intelligence, industry trends, and labor market conditions and create search strategies based on findings.
- Point person for D & I committee for organization and ensures all diverse recruiting goals are met for organization.
- Works to build a diverse pipeline, through networking, building relationships with diversity organizations in tech, educating hiring managers on unconscious bias, and establishing a process that encourages successful D&I outcomes.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation for US and Global markets recruiting in and enforcing regulations with managers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up with recruiting trends, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relentless follow up, resourcefulness and very strong communication skills. Able to successfully manage hiring managers expectations on hiring.
- Proven and successful track record of sourcing large pipelines through various channels, such as Github, Stackoverflow, LinkedIn, and screening/interviewing qualified candidates or any other applicable resources.
- Strong Relationship Builder with hiring managers and all recruiting partners.
- Has basic understanding of equity, company benefits and perks, in order to answer candidates’ questions
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills
- Experience within startup and high growth companies.
- Understands and can sell company brand and organization and recommend unique and creative ways to overcome recruiting challenges
- Familiarity with relevant immigration Law as related to recruiting
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
- 5+ years technical recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple high-volume, high business impact roles simultaneously
- Experience communicating with senior leaders (up to the C-Suite) in a mid size and growing organization
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience recruiting top-talent in the cloud, infrastructure, enterprise software and/or technical services stacks.
- High Competency in recruiting software tools/sources, such as, Greenhouse, SmartRecruiters or other ATS systems, Google Suite, and LinkedIn
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company event, Shark Week, to get quality time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs..
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!