Technical Sourcer (Contract)
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You’re a tireless seeker of those elusive engineering candidates that are not actively looking for a new opportunity. You know that the only way to stay competitive in this market is to constantly find new ways to engage candidates. You stay on top of the latest recruiting strategies, market movements, and company changes.
You’re tech-savvy and you believe in keeping a recruiting process fast, efficient, and human at all stages. You genuinely want to connect top engineers to their perfect next opportunity.
You’re passionate about Dataminr’s mission and excited to help us build the most outstanding engineering team ever. You're excited to act as a self-sufficient Technical Sourcer responsible for helping to grow the teams that build and fuel our powerful algorithm.
- Source passive candidates across technical openings: Back-end, Data, Front End, Infrastructure, and more
- Proactively identify and assess talent using a variety of sourcing methodologies including but not limited to LinkedIn, Boolean searches, networking, complex web searches and research
- Use funnel metrics which impact the business to drive actions and change management for the business
- Create and foster high touch relationships with active and passive candidates
- Report on sourcing channel measures of success and interpret the data to suggest the viability of sourcing strategies and improvements needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of technical recruiting experience, preferably in a high-growth technology or startup environment
- Deep understanding of engineering functions and ability to assess a candidate’s technical skills
- Proven ability to proactively engage candidates and manage them through the interview process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Ability to act swiftly under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and processes
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative and problem solving skills
- Experience working with and navigating applicant tracking systems
- Skilled with multiple recruiting techniques and tools
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.