Technical Sourcer (Contract)
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
We are seeking a Technical Sourcer to help build and scale our sourcing capabilities across all technical roles at TpT. As a member of our Recruiting team, you will work closely with our Hiring Managers and Recruiters to help identify and assess top talent.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about education and technology and can develop creative strategies to source exceptional talent for our Engineering and Product teams at TpT. Being the first point of contact for potential candidates, you will help drive the candidate experience as well as build our employment brand through our next phase of growth.
This role is currently scoped as a 6-month contract.
- Work closely with our team of Recruiters and Hiring Managers to understand the requirements for each role, along with gaining an understanding of the overall operations of the company.
- Partner with Coordinators and Recruiters to operationalize sourcing processes.
- Build talent pipelines and execute on research, referral programs, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Create systems and frameworks that allow us to operate with a high level of efficiency.
- Engage and activate passive candidates through various sourcing techniques. Utilize our existing tools as well as be scrappy to creatively engage talent.
- Partner with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to build programs for Diversity & Inclusion.
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine fit for the role.
- Create a system to track pipeline metrics to share with internal stakeholders.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 4+ years of technical sourcing experience with an in-house recruiting team or search firm, including screening candidates for both technical and cultural qualities.
- A go-getter mentality and competitive spirit. You are motivated to push the limits on sourcing and engaging top talent.
- Respectful but persistent. You find creative ways to build relationships with the people you connect with.
- A learner mindset and open to coaching and development. We want someone that will take creative approaches in identifying new ways to engage and acquire talent.
- We’re looking for someone with a can-do and positive attitude.
- Sourcing experience in the Software Engineering industry and an understanding of tech skills, target companies, conferences, tech communities (ie. open source).
- Exceptional teamwork and multitasking skills.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother's Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.