Technical Sourcer, Engineering at DoorDash
The DoorDash Recruiting Team is focused on helping to build DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner with hiring teams to design and execute recruiting strategies that enable DoorDash to hire remarkable talent in the most efficient and unbiased ways.
Our focus areas are:
- RECRUITING STRATEGY--We partner with hiring teams to design recruiting strategies & processes to consistently attract and hire amazing people at scale.
- BUILDING RECRUITING CAPABILITIES--We develop and build capabilities in the people of DoorDash to be an extension of the Recruiting team, increasing their skills and confidence in assessing quality talent with an eye on creating diverse & inclusive teams
- CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE--We manage the finesse of the interview scheduling and logistics to create a memorable personalized and unparalleled candidate experience.
- QUALITY OF HIRE--We are a true partner in hiring; it's our job to help managers ensure we take a structured approach to hiring to ensure we are hiring only the best for DoorDash!
The majority of the Recruiting team is based in San Francisco, CA (home to our HQ) which is the preferred location for this role.
About the Role
At DoorDash, our sourcers play an integral part in supporting our rapidly growing teams by working alongside our recruiters and hiring managers while managing candidates at the top of the funnel. This is a unique and highly impactful opportunity to help accelerate the business by engaging top talent across multiple business functions and acting as a subject matter expert and owner of market trends and insights. This role will report to the Technical Sourcing Manager.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be joining a team as we really try to build to scale hiring.
- Build a strong relationship with several of our core business leaders across a wide range of teams (Engineering, Product, Design, Analytics, etc.)
- Work with the recruiter and hiring manager to develop creative strategies for engaging top talent for their teams through resume screening, outbound sourcing, networking, referrals, events, etc
- Help influence hiring decisions at each point in the recruiting process
- Leverage data, your knowledge, and industry trends to build creative sourcing strategies and iterate on our interview process
- You have previous sourcing experience, ability to support a wide range of functions preferred
- You have mastered successful pipeline management using an ATS, LinkedIn, and a variety of other channels
- You’re naturally curious - someone who enjoys research and likes to hunt
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You’re metrics driven - you utilize data to help drive your decisions
- You’re humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- You’re adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup
- You’re growth-minded - eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- You have a desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.