Technical Sourcer at Codecademy
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a Technical Sourcer who will help us achieve our ambitious hiring goals and take Codecademy to the next level. At Codecademy, our sourcers play an integral part in supporting our rapidly growing teams by working alongside our recruiters and hiring managers while managing candidates at the top of the funnel. This is a unique and highly impactful opportunity to help accelerate the business by engaging top talent across multiple business functions.
- Build relationships with our core business leaders across a wide range of teams (Data Science, Design, Engineering, Product, etc.)
- Work with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to develop creative strategies for engaging top talent for their teams through resume screening, outbound sourcing, networking, referrals, events, etc.
- Leverage data, your knowledge, and industry trends to build creative sourcing strategies and iterate on our interview process
- Lead by example and provide recruitment support to the Product and Business organizations
- Coach, mentor and train team members to find the best employees for our company
- Drive technology, process and teamwork efforts to enhance the recruitment process
- Proactively recruit passive talent to join the Codecademy team
- Deliver against set metrics to provide consistent results and data-backed progress
- A minimum of 2+ years of technical talent sourcing experience
- Previous sourcing experience and the ability to support a wide range of functions
- Proven track record of identifying and assessing top talent
- A meticulous approach to organization
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
- Ability to work with stakeholders to develop and iterate on best-in-class profiles to reflect the talent needs of the business
- Adaptability, resilience, and ability to thrive in ambiguity--ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A data-driven mindset: you utilize data to help drive your decisions
- Willingness to get into the details: you are open to feedback and help us to #improverelentlessly
- A growth-mindset: you are eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a high-growth setting
- You have a desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and to work collaboratively with your team
- Mastery of successful pipeline management using an ATS (Greenhouse preferred), LinkedIn, and a variety of other channels
- Experience with email campaign tools, Gem preferred
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments
- Technical recruiting experience both in house and with some agency roots
- Previous Startup, SaaS, or EdTech experience
- Vast network of top talent: international network a plus
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through technical education
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote