The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Total Rewards Manager (TRM) is a crucial member of the Human Operations Team at The Farmer’s Dog and is instrumental in implementing competitive and equitable compensation structures, maintaining and improving the company stock program, and crafting company benefit plans.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a desire to own and develop a function that has a deep impact across the company to attract, retain, and build top-tier talent.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Human Operations, the TRM will have significant cross-functional exposure with finance, legal, and C-Suite executives as well as all department leads.How You'll Make An Impact
- Own the compensation function by building and maintaining career architectures, job banding, and pathing consistent with market practices.
- Assist in the implementation of programs and systems from the ground up (401k, HRIS, etc).
- Work collaboratively across the Humans and Finance teams to run our stock program.
- Lead, evaluate, and coordinate all incentive plans, including benefits open enrollment, and ongoing new employee benefits enrollment.
- Continuously evaluate the efficiency of our rewards programs to verify they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and assess market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
- You have 8+ years of experience working with HR processes and policies for a multi-state employer.
- You have progressive compensation experience.
- You have demonstrable experience with benefits administration and related HRIS and/or ERP systems, as well as stock-related software.
- You are highly skilled in Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides.
- You like digging into the numbers and enjoy capturing and interpreting data to advise your decisions.
- You are meticulously organized, with a fine attention to detail, and a skillful communications approach at all levels.
- You believe "problems are treasures" and are open to innovative ways to solving problems from first principles.
- You are constantly seeking better in all processes.
- Experience in a hyper-growth startup, a plus.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug