Trainer, Real Estate Team at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better.com is growing, and we’re looking for a Trainer to join our Better Real Estate (BRE) team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s redefining the homeownership industry, check us out.
As the Better Real Estate team has grown, so has the training team. This growth has created the need for an additional BRE Trainer who will ensure that our Agent and Transaction Coordinator teams have the knowledge and resources to continue to grow/develop successfully.What you’ll do as a BRE Trainer:
- Coordinating workflow training & other trainings on a bi-weekly basis (1-2 new hire classes per month)
- Continuing to facilitate trainings, including but not limited to Workflow Training, Continuing Education, and other trainings yet to be introduced
- Identifying training gaps and ways to improve on our existing trainings
- Creating and updating training content on an as-needed basis
- Consistently keeping an eye open for opportunities for process optimizations in BRE org and feeling confident in your ability to present your ideas regularly to managers and cross-functional leadership
- Collecting feedback and sharing feedback with TC managers to allow for improvement
- Being an effective and consistent point of contact for new hires during their 2-week onboarding training
- Providing a smooth transition for new employees shifting from the onboarding program to their direct manager
- You have a passion for Real Estate
- Expertise in a trainer/teacher role and are considered a subject matter expert by your colleagues and manager
- You are passionate about helping your colleagues develop and learn
- Have exceptional written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Proven history of being highly adaptable to change and meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously (Must love constant change!)
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively collaborate both internally and cross-functionally to achieve goals on multiple occasions
- Consistently deliver high quality results with minimal guidance and supervision
- Experienced track record of thinking in an unexpected way to improve processes
- Experience in people management
- Experience with training and development
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.