Training and Development Specialist at Braze
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a training and development specialist, you will deliver training sessions (anywhere from 2-5 hours) to our clients to uplevel them on using our platform, arm them for a certification quiz, and create a collaborative atmosphere where people can share experiences and strategies.
You'll also be instrumental in designing these training sessions to maximize the learning potential (various interactive strategies, group activities, hands on practice, planning exercises, etc). In 2020, we plan to take these training sessions to our clients around the world. So you should be prepared to travel to Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Berlin multiple times in your first year with Braze. You will help build the foundation for our instructor-led trainings (which currently doesn't exist), and eventually we will hire other trainers in Europe and the west coast, so there is an opportunity to be a team lead across those other trainers that we add along the way.
- Leading training sessions with multiple clients at once (in-person and webinar)
- Designing a blended training experience to maximize learner engagement
- Helping create certification quizzes/exams
- Developing the in-person training program as it grows to more locations, covers more topics, and takes various forms (from a low-tier webinar class to a high-tier completely custom training for a top enterprise client)
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 3+ years experience training people on SaaS products
- You have a passion for public speaking, and desire to expand in in-person training to beyond just a deck presentation and reading notes. You want to capture the imagination of people, inspire them to try new things, and create connections in the room.
- You're obsessed with how people learn and find joy in crafting curriculum that breaks away from old world education and paves new pathways. You want to be on the frontier of education.
- You take and give feedback constructively, in a supportive way
- You are a self-starter. Driven, meticulous, and communicative.
- STRONG Public Speaking / People Skills
- Experience with creating interactive presentations and curriculum design
- Experience creating training for a SaaS product
- Experience using Braze is a BIG PLUS
- Knowing how to use Liquid templating language!
- Experience in marketing technology
- Has been a trainer previously with Salesforce, Hubspot, or something similar
- Bring samples of previous decks/presentations you've made
- Be prepared to present to a group of people during the interview process
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.