Training Specialist - Development Operations
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you have experience building comprehensive training programs? Are you mission-driven and interested in becoming a member of an impactful team? If so, our Development Operations team at MSK has a career opportunity for you!
Our team is responsible for the technical infrastructure and business operations that support Development’s fundraising efforts. We strive to increase our fundraising potential through the creation of innovative technology and process solutions.
We are seeking a Training Specialist to lead a comprehensive learning and performance program for new and established employees through a variety of media.
- Build and facilitate training programs to accompany new software products, features, and processes for the Development team.
- Facilitate training and orientation for new employees and coordinate a seamless onboarding experience.
- Provide ongoing support to fundraising and operations staff, and be well versed in department policies, processes, and business rules.
- Innovate and improve learning solutions by researching and introducing new learning products and collaborative design.
- Engage with project teams as a thought partner and represent the needs of our users.
- Develop and implement performance support and training tools based on learning needs assessments and continuously revise instructional curricula and delivery.
- Lead the strategy for learning programs with appropriate and engaging instructional materials and products, maintaining a center of knowledge about leading-edge learning solutions and best-practices in multimedia instruction.
- Bachelor's degree (required) or Master’s degree (preferred) and at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in organization development, I/O psychology, learning technology, related behavioral science, or another related field.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training presentations and materials, with attention to the principles of Adult Learning Theory.
- Experience with software instruction and high proficiency with technology. Knowledge of Blackbaud CRM or other fundraising software is a plus.
- Well-versed in effective instructional design, training courses via digital vehicles, and classroom delivery for diverse audiences.
- Ability to assess learners, analyze data, and establish metrics to measure the success of a training program.
- Ability to manage multiple training programs and impromptu assignments with tight deadlines.
- A strong analytical aptitude and desire to continually learn and innovate.
- A high level of attention to detail, process, and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building e-learning content, using learning management systems (e.g., Saba), and using polling software (e.g., Poll Everywhere) is a plus!
- A collaborative, consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible "can-do" attitude, self-starter, and committed to success.
- An experienced presenter with an ability to synthesize and present highly complex/technical information so that it is clear and easy to understand.
- Passionate about human-centered design or design thinking.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and adapting communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of confidently and credibly sharing your point of view while developing trusting relationships.
** Please submit a cover letter along with your resume as part of your application.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.