University Relations Coordinator/Candidate Lead (Contract) at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a University Relations Coordinator/Candidate Lead (Contractor) to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. This contract position will require up to 30 hours of work each week and is expected to last for 6-12 months, with a possibility of being extended. Here's what you need to know about the role.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Recruiting Team to hire the world class group of professionals that make our goals achievable. Embedded within the Recruiting team is a smaller function known as University Relations that manages our University engagement strategy each year, including both external and internal campus events, internship programs, and initiatives and you’ll report into the University Relations Manager. In this hybrid role you’ll spend 50% supporting university programming and seasonal end to end coordination of our University recruitment Interview cycle. The other 50% will be spent supporting our Technical Recruiting team and the end to end coordination of a candidate’s interview cycle from start to finish, ensuring a smooth, professional, and high quality interview experience for all candidates. In addition, you'll also:
- Assist in the planning and logistics of virtual campus events including registrations, candidate management and event content creation
- Post and maintain campus job openings on both internal and external career sites, campus sites and other platforms
- Assist in the project management and facilitation of the internship program to create a positive internship experience
- Arrange a high volume of interviews for candidates using scheduling software
- Initiate and manage full-cycle communication for the coordination process, from initial outreach when a candidate applies, to coordinating interviews at the Flatiron office
- Engage and activate candidates by fostering genuine relationships and regularly following up in between the various steps of the interview process
- Manage Flatiron’s constantly growing and changing interview calendar effectively to enable Flatiron to achieve our hiring goals
- Provide ad-hoc project/operations support to recruiting team on processes that help us grow and scale as a recruiting function
You're a customer service oriented cross-functional collaborator with 1+ years working in the People Operations and/or Recruiting space. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience with heavy calendaring for multiple individuals or teams (strong Google email/calendar/doc skills)
- You have exceptional writing and communication skills and have the ability to work across a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- You have an exceptional customer service mentality and are able to maintain composure and sense of humor in high-pressure situations
- You have superior organizational skills and a high attention to detail; you are able to manage a high volume of candidates and emails effectively
- You have the ability to think on your feet, change or adapt to ambiguous situations and juggle multiple priorities at once
- You are mature, logical, strategic, polished, nuanced, quick-learner
- You have an interest in a career in HR/Recruiting
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- You have experience working in a start-up environment
- You have experience working with applicant tracking systems (example: Greenhouse)
- You have coordinating or recruiting experience
Why You Should Join Our Team
Working with Flatiron offers you a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
Flatiron Health does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
This is not an offer of employment with Flatiron.