Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Major League Baseball
The Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will oversee and administer D&I related internal programs, business resource groups, and external strategic partnerships for the League. The selected candidate will report to the Chief People & Culture Officer and will serve as a member of both the MLB Diversity & Inclusion Committee and the People & Culture Leadership Team.
The selected candidate for this dynamic position will have the following core areas of responsibility:
- Develop and implement internal D&I programs for League employees
- Provide oversight and guidance for MLB’s Business Resource Groups
- Lead, enhance and sustain MLB’s Diverse Business Partners Program which is the longest running supplier diversity program in professional sports
- Provide strategic support and thought leadership to stakeholders in support of MLB’s D&I agenda
In fulfilling the duties associated with this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Develop, implement, and manage all programming; and lead corresponding program measurement, evaluation, and reporting processes
- Build upon and execute an annual strategy that is aligned with League goals and values
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders, such as diverse suppliers, to drive strategic impact
- Represent MLB in the market at external forums, and serve as a subject matter expert as needed
- Partner with the People & Culture Team, and others as needed, to fulfill all internal and external D&I related reporting requirements
- Lead the design and execution of all D&I reports and executive briefings
- Lead a team of D&I practitioners
Basic qualifications and skills for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience leading and managing D&I initiatives and supplier diversity efforts for a large corporate entity
- Strong working knowledge of D&I best practices and emerging trends
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent data management skills
- Excellent computer skills - advanced level Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Able to work individually with little direction
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - can interact well with people of all levels
Demonstrated ability to:
- Connect and inspire others to drive effective teamwork, communication, and engagement across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Earn trust across a range of levels and disciplines to establish yourself and the team as a trusted partner
- Think big and strategically with a holistic view translating vision into action and measurable results
- Collaborate effectively across a dynamic organization exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views and values different viewpoints
- Be agile and navigate ambiguous situations successfully in the face of uncertainty
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholder groups
- Drive change management efforts that create a culture which values diversity, inclusion, belonging, respect, and opportunity
- Manage and execute complex projects, milestones, deliverables, and develop executive presentations
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.