VP of People and Culture
About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You are an expert and upbeat VP of People and Culture to lead our People Team. You will be a key member of the Executive Team with a mandate to build a strong, multi-faceted culture and team that lives and breathes Clarifai’s values. You will report to the CEO and you will ensure that we are attracting, developing and retaining amazing, dynamic team members who have many different points of view but are committed to making a positive and sustained impact on our business. You will work with everyone to ensure we are maintaining a company culture that allows employees to thrive and contribute.
You also have broad experience and be able to oversee our initiatives in diversity and inclusion, wellness, organizational strategy, performance management, learning and development, compensation and benefits, employee relationships and recruiting. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a highly motivated and visionary team while playing an integral role in building our company and our culture.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a trusted, confidential resource on all things people for our employees.
- Support everyone in the company as a coach and mentor.
- Serve as the culture champion and drive strategy discussions around how to create an environment where employees can do their best work.
- Strategize and implement appropriate policies and procedures around performance management, professional growth & development, recruiting and onboarding, compensation, benefits, D&I and employee relationships.
- Help maintain compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
What You Bring:
- At least 10 years of experience growing People teams.
- Experience working in dynamic startup environments of 50-200 people.
- Experience developing teams and leaders across all of the HR disciplines.
- A track record of success collaborating with internal business partners to find, engage and hire talent that seeks our company's success.
- The ability to inspire employees and let them voice their concerns or their successes throughout the organization and translate them into actionable solutions to people issues.
- Excellent social skills and high emotional intelligence. You should be capable of building and maintaining effective relationships with employees and influencing, facilitating and coaching individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability; experience with process design or process improvement strongly preferred.
- Impeccable follow-up and a fanatical attention to detail.