VP of People Operations
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Based in New York City, the VP of People Operations will report directly to the CFO and will have overall responsibility for all aspects of human resources across Shapeways which currently includes ~200 employees across offices in Manhattan and Seattle and factories in the Netherlands and Long Island City. The VP of People will be a trusted advisor and key member of the senior leadership team.
- Serve as and advisor and sounding board to the senior leadership team and provide leadership on people-related matters across the business.
- Lead and manage the People Operations team (currently 6 people) that attracts, retains, and supports exceptional talent across Shapeways.
- Design and manage effective employment practices for both tech startup/corporate offices and for manufacturing and factory locations.
- Foster strong employee relations; identify, communicate, and resolve people issues quickly and effectively. Drive high employee engagement.
- Develop and implement core People philosophies, policies, and processes for the company including, but not limited to, Compensation and Benefits, Workforce Planning, Org Structure and Design, and Employment Practices. Manage all related systems and tools.
- Partner with hiring managers and recruiting manager to recruit and onboard talent in line with strategic objectives and the values of the organization. Ensure a best-in-class recruiting experience.
- Partner with business units and the executive team to grow and develop people across the organization including but not limited to Learning & Development, Performance Management, and Career Progression.
- Develop workplace practices that support an exceptional employee experience, nurture culture, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Oversee office management and maintenance of all office facilities and infrastructure to support a productive and enjoyable work environment that supports all of employees in a cohesive manner across all offices and locations.
Desired Background, Skills & Experience:
- Experience leading Human Resources and Recruiting teams in a startup.
- Prior experience building People philosophies, policies, and processes.
- Prior experience managing significant sized non-exempt employee population.
- Experience managing Compensation and Benefits programs and tools.
- Solid understanding of Compliance and Employment Laws.
- Experience coaching managers & building infrastructure around manager training.
- Strong track record of working cross-functionally with senior business leaders.
- Experience working across multiple offices and with international teams.
- Ability to think and operate both strategically (10,000 ft) and tactically (10 ft).
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.