VP of People at Sealed (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at Sealed.com.
*All employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID health and safety concerns.*
What will you do?
The VP of People will be the driving force behind Sealed’s employee experience. You will be an instrumental business partner in the continued growth of Sealed through the creation and execution of thoughtful and agile people-focused strategies and initiatives to ensure that Sealed is attracting, developing and retaining high-quality talent to fuel the company’s expansion.
The VP of People will build and lead all people operations for Sealed, including onboarding, training and development, compensation & benefits analysis, organizational planning, performance management, organizational engagement, DEI efforts and culture. This role requires an experienced leader who is prepared to take on the exciting challenge of building out a critical function within a fast-paced, high-growth business.
You will build a strong foundation for the People function inclusive of a world-class team, system and processes. You will work cross-functionally, with stakeholders throughout the company to provide thought partnership and support the rapid growth of all functions. The ideal candidate will combine strategic vision and depth of experience with an ability to execute well in a fast-paced, high-growth business.
We are continuing to work remotely through summer 2021. Post-COVID we will operate a hybrid model, in which employees choose whether they want to work from our flagship office in NYC or remotely from anywhere in the US. Prior to 2020 we operated solely as an in-office team. You will play a critical role in evolving our policies and procedures for remote workers and hybrid employees, ensuring all employees have access to career advancement opportunities and feel fully supported, irrespective of their location.
The VP People will report directly to the CEO.
What success looks like
Grow: Level up our recruiting efforts to ensure we hit our recruiting goals. We are expanding into new geographies and anticipate growing the team 2x in the next 12 months.
Measure: Craft and implement competency based programs to develop and support all employees, along with a robust talent development program with clear expectations for all roles.
Build: Help us refine our culture and build our employer brand as a best in class hybrid workplace.
Train and onboard: Set the standard for successful training and onboarding across the entire organization, regardless of employee location.
- 10+ years of experience with at least 3 years managing all functional areas of People departments.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability to create and execute programs that attract, develop and retain outstanding talent with data to support success.
- Proven ability to translate organizational and business priorities into people initiatives with metrics to support and track success.
- Experience creating and implementing pragmatic and business-focused HR related programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated success with driving employee engagement and culture.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, DEI, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a strong sense of integrity.
- Proven success rising through the ranks of high-growth, early and mid-stage organizations known for their focus on exceptional employee experience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Work from home stipend