VP of People
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role:
As a member of the core executive team, the VP of People plans and directs all aspects of Kustomer’s people & talent operations and holds the overall company responsibility for recruitment, employment, leadership development, retention, training, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, associate relations, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and benefits administration.
The VP of People will be a nimble, adaptive, "roll up the sleeves" business partner that can drive impact and shape a growing and successful business. This individual should possess strong leadership skills, sharp organizational EQ, have a sense of urgency and be proactive in their approach. They will demonstrate highly effective decision making, judgement, communication, and modeling of our company values.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with our leadership team and managers on all things people-related, including performance reviews, coaching, employee relations, organizational development, and recruiting.
- Strengthening Kustomer’s employer brand across numerous markets and professional communities (internal & external)
- Providing executive coaching to managers and leaders, playing the role of trusted advisor
- Attracting, hiring and retaining top-quality employees with competitive salary and benefits, defining relevant key metrics and reporting, and optimizing our recruiting operations
- Creating, implementing and overseeing training programs & development of career growth paths
- Working with department managers to design desired training/learning programs for all worldwide employees
- Fostering and cultivating Kustomer’s unique culture as we grow and expand geographically
- Establishing accountability, identifying solutions to resolve problems, fostering a diverse workplace which enables all employees to contribute to the organizational to their fullest potential
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- A well-rounded capability across the full HR spectrum - talent acquisition, development and training, compensation and benefits, performance management, and talent management - relevant to a rapidly scaling organization
- Experience working with a global business and successfully managing global teams and leadership
- A desire and ability to be intimately involved in the business operations as a strategic partner with their own P&L
- Technical experience designing and building policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, HRIS and feedback systems, and training programs
- Exceptional business acumen to influence and challenge appropriately - within the business and among the People team
- Strong project management, organization, and communication skills backed with a data-driven approach
- The ability to handle sensitive situations and to maintain confidentiality
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.