VP of People
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 3,400 retailers and more than 1,200 brands across 22 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
As a member of the LeafLink executive team, the VP of People plans and directs all aspects of the organization’s people & talent operations and holds the overall company responsibility for recruitment, employment, leadership development, retention, training, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, associate relations, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and benefits administration.
The VP of People will be a hands-on business partner that can drive impact and shape a growing and successful business through cultural and amazing people. This individual should possess strong leadership skills, organization development skills, emotional intelligence, and be a firm believer in our mission and values found here https://leaflink.com/careers/.Responsibilities:
- Develop, drive, and manage a wide range of People & Culture functions (onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and employee engagement)
- Partner with leadership to advise on HR strategies and own our org design
- Build a recruiting process and ecosystem that embodies our brand and culture to attract world class teammates
- Define a competitive and scalable compensation strategy as our business and talent evolves, utilizing best practices around market research and data
- Build an onboarding and new hire orientation experience, ensuring a deep understanding of the business, company culture, principles to set new members up for success
- Help us to support our culture and mission as we grow and our working environment expands to include an increase in distributed team members
- Provide coaching and counsel to managers and employees to assist people and leadership challenges
- Implement and drive programs and processes to develop needed skills, knowledge, and experience, and plan for successors to key roles
- Established track record for people and HR excellence in a high tech and/or start-up environment, preferably with both large and small companies.
- The right person will thrive in a "roll up your sleeves" environment, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly.
- A desire and ability to be intimately involved in the business operations as a strategic partner with their own P&L.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in a number of human resources operational areas
- Detail-oriented, data driven and analytical when making decisions
- Deep experience scaling teams and navigating a growing organizational structures
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into HR initiatives
- Ability to apply unconventional thinking and not deploy the HR playbook from another organization
- A structured thinking approach to communicating and are able to use situational appropriate communication techniques including consulting, influence, information sharing and negotiating on complex topics
- Embodies Leaflink’s Core Values
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events