VP of People at Policygenius
About the role….
The Policygenius People function is expanding and looking for a savvy, spirited, seasoned leader to join our inimitable team! As VP of People, you will report to the Chief People Officer and scope, design, build, and implement strategic, purposeful people programs.
The VP of People will own employee experience, people operations, and technical operations--all of which we consider critical underpinnings to advance and broaden our unique cultural footprint. While maintaining our high bar for quality and service, you will be the visionary in guiding our Pg team member journey to ensure we create one of the best places to work through employee engagement, fulfillment, and satisfaction. You will lead and be a partner with an extremely passionate and driven team to propel Policygenius’ ambitious growth trajectory.
The ideal candidate is someone who has proven experience in leading cross-functional people teams (and/or business partner teams) from being in the midst of hyper-scaling and rapid change all the way through to operationalization. We’re very excited to bring someone into this integral leadership role as part of our diverse community of 300 (and counting!) talented individuals situated across two office locations in NYC and Durham, NC!
In this role, you will…
- Serve as a thought leader in shaping the direction of the business through its people by enabling engagement, accountability, ownership, performance, and professional development
- Collaborate alongside the Chief People Officer, people operations infrastructure teams, and recruiting team to the further enhance the Pg talent model—including strategy, operations, budget, administration, programming, resource management
- Oversee our people operations infrastructure teams to generate a best-in-class level of “GPS navigation” operational service to the organization—including workplace experience, office expansion, IT support, events, and people operations
- Instill consistent and data-driven people management practices while ensuring secure, safe, compliant, and values-driven workplace standards
- Navigate natural points of organizational and human tension that require impeccable communications choreography, stakeholder management, and a nuanced level of context
- Support performance and development at individual, team, and company levels through a variety of programs and initiatives—including skill development rubrics, creative career pathing, learning & development programming, and talent management
- Lead the people operations infrastructure team in identifying ways to automate and leverage technology for scale
- Serve as a true peer, advisor and subject matter expert to synthesize performance results and insights to the senior leadership team
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Bring a history of managing, leading, and evolving high-performing people-first organizations through rapid growth; including solid direct people management and leadership experience
- Are nimble and open to challenging status quo, taking risks, and pushing the innovation envelope when it comes to strategic vision and leadership; you can build something out of nothing and possess the ability to try new things with minimal oversight
- Have a honed, sixth-sense judgment to serve as a trusted advisor and thought partner across all levels of of an organization while at the same time possess outstanding analytical skills that take you from quantitative and qualitative data analysis to insightful conclusions and meaningful results
- Have impeccable attention to detail, a supreme standard of output, and demonstrated ability to communicate proactively and with purpose
- Carry a strong problem-solving track record—you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution; you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Maintain a strong ability to recruit, grow, develop, and retain exceptional people talent
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!