VP Talent at Spring Health
- Ideally based in NYC, the VP Talent will act as a key member of the leadership team and oversee the overall strategic direction of the Talent function at Spring Health. The VP Talent will build a strong foundation for the Talent function inclusive of a world-class team, system and processes, and will work cross-functionally, with stakeholders throughout the company to provide thought partnership and support the rapid growth of all functions.
- This is an entrepreneurial role in an entrepreneurial organization. The ideal candidate will combine strategic vision and depth of experience with an ability to execute well in a fast-paced, high-growth business. The VP Talent will report to the COO.
- Partner with the executive team to drive strategic planning for Talent Acquisition and driving alignment, ensuring we achieve growth targets while maintaining the high caliber of team members.
- Provide leadership to the Talent team by creating a culture of accountability with a focus on delivering measurable results.
- Partner with Finance, Department Leaders and People Team to deliver data-driven workforce planning processes to ensure the right people are in the right roles with a clear view of talent supply and demand.
- Champion the diversity efforts within Spring Health to drive a diverse talent pool for our open roles.
- Continuous partnership with the CPO on the structure and capabilities required of the Talent Acquisition team.
- Drive an engaging team culture based on Spring Health’s values.
- Consistently evaluate and evolve team structure to support growing business needs.
- Responsible for accurate and transparent hiring plans.
- Own reporting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis across a suite of metrics; communicate these reports to hiring managers, executive team, CEO, and board as needed.
- Regularly evaluate and recommend solutions for the Recruiting tech stack.
- Continue to develop, stand up, and refine processes across the Talent function.
- 10+ years talent acquisition experience with a minimum of 5 years managing a talent acquisition team.
- Proven experience in a high growth startup environment building or helping to build a Talent Acquisition strategy and team to hire at scale.
- Excellent people management skills, enabling the Talent team to reach their full potential.
- Led or served in a senior role in a high performing Talent team. Experience managing managers and teams of 10+.
- Experience reporting to or delivering results directly to C-level stakeholders.
- Track record of influencing both hiring managers on tactical execution and C-level execs on strategic imperatives.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with changing information.
- Very data driven.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members.A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
- Successfully driven distributed hiring.
- Have implemented talent acquisition tools/systems/processes while delivering on OKRs.
- Team Leadership: Passionate, high integrity leader who can inspire their teams. Possesses the energy, sincerity and drive to engage and build meaningful relationships, grounded in trust, with a diverse and distributed team. Genuinely excited to spend time “in the business”, with the team, and always understands the “pulse” of the team. Balances inspiration and accountability. Embodies and drives the core values. Leads with calm during times of stress.
- Growth/Optimization/Scale Mindset: Has an ability to both develop a strategy and lead the organization in its execution. Eager to take on new challenges with open-mindedness and a winning-mindset, while respecting team, peers, and leaders. Possesses the problem-solving ability to lead the charge on tackling complex issues. Leverages data and analytics to drive business decision-making.
- Ownership and Mastery of Craft: Focused on outcomes. Able to deliver on commitments while installing the right amount of process to enable steady performance. Flexible in approach to deliver quality and excellence, in the face of high growth and unexpected twists and turns. A relentless execution expert with confidence in her/his expertise in core areas. Always learning, optimizing and improving.
- Collaboration and Influencing: Will have the gravitas, willingness, and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Facilitates connection and collaboration across the business. Brings the “playbook” to the table but has the flexibility and humbleness to adapt to business and stakeholder needs. Will contribute skill and experience with generosity, and be willing to work with anyone to drive real business impact. Balances strong quantitative and analytical skills with the emotional intelligence needed to influence organizational outcomes.
- Effective Communication Skills: High integrity, no-nonsense approach. Knows how to communicate through the brand voice and at all levels of the organization. Understands how to communicate through a decentralized organization. Quick and to the point. An active listener.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurialism: Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Relentless focus on improvement and raising the bar. Balances scrappiness and execution with business maturity, prioritization and thoughtfulness. Is curious, agile, a self-starter and welcomes challenge as a conduit to improvement. Can be creative with resources and has a history of getting things done in complex environments.