Workday Senior Systems Analyst at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Workday HRIS Applications Team specializes in managing and building Workday solutions that enhances the digital experience of MSKCC workforce and support organization’s HR technology roadmap. HRIS Applications Team works with all functions of HR, Finance and IT in carrying out system related processes, acts as the functional expert in providing guidance on current system processes and principles. With a focus on Innovation, process excellence and continuous improvements, the work is ever changing and exciting.
- Responsible for System administration and maintenance of Workday. The main focus would be to support Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Absence, Benefits and Core HR disciplines.
- This position will strive towards maximizing efficiency and improving processes. Work in a team environment that includes client interactions, Workstream management and cross-team teamwork.
- Advise business users on industry standards and leading practices as it relates to various workday disciplines.
- Conduct working sessions with business users to gather, understand and analyze business requirements for various processes.
- Implement Workday solutions to adhere to compliance, regulatory and business needs with a focus on continual improvement and innovation.
- Design and Develop custom reports, Condition Rules and calculated fields to support system development.
- Analyze Workday release features and improvements as part of upgrades/service updates. In partnership with business areas, create the roadmap for adaptation of new features.
- Manage delivery and creation of internal documentation to capture system processes and procedures.
- Balance documentations of all outputs resulting from analysis, design, development and implementation, problem identification, and resolutions in established formats.
- Review any new integrations requirement and partner with IT for design and delivery.
- Using agile methodology, prototype and demonstrate the configuration options to deliver solutions.
- Identify strategies, risks, and options, recommend approaches and mitigation to meet project requirements
- Participate in applications testing to ensure quality.
- Build test plans and test scenario library for various improvement and project initiatives.
- Supports, maintains and improves assigned systems, including the resolution of production problems.
- 4+ years of Workday Systems experience required.
- Workday Certifications including Workday Compensation or Workday Benefits are strongly preferred.
- Workday Security knowledge is critical to this role.
- Payroll knowledge will be a big bonus for the role
- Utilize workday delivered tools (EIB) to perform mass data loads as needed.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.