At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As an Underwriting Assistant at Justworks, you are someone who is curious, a problem solver, comfortable with asking questions, and learning new concepts. Your days will be spent supporting our team of Underwriters and working cross-functionally with other departments and outside vendors. Our team helps evaluate workers’ compensation insurance risks for new customers joining the Justworks platform. As part of a growing team at Justworks, you will witness your ideas turn into process and procedure improvements.What You’ll Do
- Review applications and related documentation for acceptability according to underwriting guidelines and determine tasks to be completed before moving forward
- Ensure all required customer documentation is accurate and collected in a timely manner to insure proper coverage is initiated and maintained for Justworks customers
- Resolve workers’ compensation related customer inquiries/issues
- Apply principles of critical thinking to define problems, collect data, and create resolutions
- Communicate with company underwriters, internal teams, and vendors to provide status or additional assistance as needed
- Continue to learn and grow through webinars, workshops and learning platforms
- Share your input through trainings and creating resources for your team and others
- Minimum 0-2 years of work experience
- Demonstrates the ability to learn on the fly and apply new information/concepts into practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented - able to review data sets for accuracy
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You are flexible and open to changes in processes or teams
- You enjoy fast-paced entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment