Workplace Experience Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for an experienced Workplace Experience professional to oversee the daily operations of our NYC HQ. This individual will help inform the strategic vision for NYC, as well as collaborate with team members across Braze in supporting the development of our US and global workplace operations initiatives. The Workplace Experience function is in a state of growth of development and we are looking for builders--people who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and can create structure in ambiguity. This role sits on the People Team, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Workplace Experience & Operations and will be integral in driving the development of employee experience as it relates to workplaces.
Braze is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company that is looking for a self-starter who is able to exercise good judgment, take fast and proactive initiative, influence leaders throughout the business, and think objectively about the strategy to continuously improve our employee experience. You will jump in on our reopening strategy as we gear up to return to our offices. You will have a consistent pulse on the needs of our employees in NYC and be comfortable changing course as global conditions and working environments evolve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the daily operations and workplace programs of the NYC HQ, acting as local site lead
- Lead, mentor and develop local Workplace Operations team
- Collaborate with others to develop and manage initiatives, processes, tools, policies and playbooks related to workplace operations and programs, including operations related to our new hybrid work strategy
- Work with leadership to develop and execute safe and compliant reopening plans for our NYC office, focusing on excellent change management
- Partner and develop strong relationships with all key business partners e.g. IT, Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. and act as trusted advisor in workplace matters
- Proactively build relationships with leadership and employees, as well as use data to understand the habits and needs of NYC employees and objectively provide recommendations for workplace improvements
- Work with customer service mindset to ensure world-class standards and service levels for NYC employees
- Ensure we have the best in class suppliers for our offices and implement vendor management best practices with a lens towards diversity and inclusion. Proactively partner with key vendors to ensure continued service improvement.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for NYC building management
- Work with the wider People Team to coordinate internal events including office parties, company all hands, and industry meetups
- Oversee budget management and tracking for NYC operations
- Support local office improvement and build-out projects
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of experience in Workplace Experience and/or facilities management; experience as site lead a plus
- At least 1 year experience leading a team; experience leading outsourced staff a plus
- Experience working with building management; union building experience a plus
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization with an ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience managing offices and workplace experience for a hybrid workforce, delivering creative solutions to engage a distributed workforce
- Experience with office moves and build-outs
- Data-driven with a mindset of continual improvement
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships cross-functionally with proven ability in influencing top-level leadership
- A strong communicator, keeping teams and stakeholders informed and up to date
- Understanding of workplace related costs and budget best practices
- Passion for best-in-class workplace experience and customer service
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to set own priorities without supervision
- A creative problem-solver, bringing innovative ideas and solutions to the table
- A sharp eye for detail and a sense of office pride
- An awesome can-do attitude - no task is too big or too small
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25 to 30 pounds
- Familiar with Mac computer and GSuite
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.