2020 Customer Success Summer Intern
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
As a Customer Success Summer Intern your goal will be to support the team’s mission to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of Yext’s Customer Success organization. As a CS Summer Intern you will work cross-functionally with other Yext departments to help support various critical operations-focused initiatives such as our client-facing communications strategy, Customer Success team enablement, product adoption programs, reporting/analysis on client health, and in turn, develop a mastery of how to maximize critical customer success systems, tools, and processes.
- Manage key projects that support our Customer Success organizations focus on retention, trackability and operational efficiency
- Analyze operational data points across the Customer Success organization and work with those teams to drive accuracy and actionability
- Support the Client Success Managers in their efforts to retain and upsell current customer base by implementing and managing the cross-functional processes, tools, and enablement collateral which facilitate Customer Success Operations activities
- Work closely with the Client Insights and Analytics Team to extract necessary data for critical reporting and ensure best-in-class client-facing materials
- Coordinate and oversee the development of content for critical re-occurring Customer Success meetings and enablement of cross-functional process/system changes or updates
- Participate in our client-facing communications workflows and provide direct feedback to ensure clear, concise, and impactful messaging. Contribute to the creation of a client-facing engagement strategy tailored to Yext’s customer needs
- Partner with the cross-functional teams including Product, Product Marketing, Sales, etc. to ensure appropriate alignment on key initiatives and projects
- Contract and order form creation & stewardship - partnering with Client Success Managers, Sales, Finance & Legal
- Compile quarterly business review data & content - develop data/analytics skills, tying data to story-telling and value
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in any discipline graduating between December 2020 and August 2021
- The ability to think creatively about, analyze, and understand complicated and abstract ideas
- A knack for synthesizing difficult concepts into digestible bits of information
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and desire to interface with other teams, with special emphasis on solution-based approach to problem-solving
- Evidence of leadership, outstanding track record, and/or peer recognition that separate you from others
- Ability to work quickly, independently and accurately in a high-volume environment, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to a broad range of requesters, plus innate follow-up skills
- Strong computer skills, including typing skills, and the ability to adapt quickly to new programs, products and procedures
- Proficient in data analysis and manipulation with solid spreadsheet (Excel) preferred
- Yext product knowledge and willingness to learn more
- The ability to listen to client and team needs and find solutions
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during set business hours
- Experience in MS Office & Google Suite preferred
- Basic knowledge of ZenDesk preferred
- Salesforce experience preferred
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.